Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been looking forward to this game since after Swansea. Gonna miss it live and I'm going to watch the replay, just hope I can somehow avoid spoilers.

I've changed my mind how i want us to play. City have struggled away from home. We are home. I hope Sherwood is Sherwood and sticks with a 4-4-2. If we win it helps us, if we lose it hurts Woolwich. If Vertonghen is fully fit then play him instead of Vlad. If Sandro isn't fully fit put in Bentaleb. If Townsend if fully fit then move Eriksen to the middle and drop Dembele.

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vlad - Rose
Sandro
Lennon - Dembele- Eriksen
Soldado - Adebayor

I'm scared about the left side... Possibly Zabaleta and Navas playing against Rose and a "tucking in" Eriksen. I can't see Sherwood starting either Chadli or Lamela. If Townsend is fit I hope he plays on the left.

I've changed my mind how i want us to play. City have struggled away from home. We are home. I hope Sherwood is Sherwood and sticks with a 4-4-2. If we win it helps us, if we lose it hurts Woolwich. If Vertonghen is fully fit then play him instead of Vlad. If Sandro isn't fully fit put in Bentaleb. If Townsend if fully fit then move Eriksen to the middle and drop Dembele.

Lloris
Sandro
Soldado - Adebayor

I'm scared about the left side... Possibly Zabaleta and Navas playing against Rose and a "tucking in" Eriksen. I can't see Sherwood starting either Chadli or Lamela. If Townsend is fit I hope he plays on the left.

Sorry dude, but I cannot disagree more. City have more than addressed their away form, as they've now won their last four straight on the road. Their midfield is even better than Arse's, which abused our two-man central midfield on our trip to the Emirates. And as you said yourself, that left is simply too exposed against their right side with that format. Two-man CM, lack of a true winger on the left, and no true CDM all against this City side simply spells suicide. Going to bed tonight praying on my knees Sherwood features a three-man central midfield tomorrow.

Oh for fuck sake.
Please tell me this is a joke...

An exaggeration yes, joke no. I'll defend this opinion to the end of the earth until it's addressed. Our recovery times for any given injury are utterly atrocious. While I'm sure in all seriousness it's of no intention of Levy's, our training staff is unquestionably complete tripe. So honestly, I'd even take that exaggeration in any debate over whatever faux-existent foundation you may believe to exist that suggests otherwise and thus prompted to you go out of your way to make such a nit-picky accusation.

Assuming your own fellow fans are morons, one of the most ironic and alarmingly common acts of self-defamation out there on the internet these days.

An exaggeration yes, joke no. I'll defend this opinion to the end of the earth until it's addressed. Our recovery times for any given injury are utterly atrocious. While I'm sure in all seriousness it's of no intention of Levy's, our training staff is unquestionably complete tripe. So honestly, I'd even take that exaggeration in any debate over whatever faux-existent foundation you may believe to exist that suggests otherwise and thus prompted to you go out of your way to make such a nit-picky accusation.

i thought that spurs have one of the best medical teams in world sport, taking the lead in recovery processes including blood spinning. I remember bale doing his ankle last season and only missed one league game (everton i think) because of it.

plus it might help if charlie adam would give up trying to play.

Lloris
Sandro
Soldado - Adebayor

I am sure Sherwood will be keen to hear this...

its 08:39 pm over here lads, just getting tucked in to my first beer at the pub after knocking off from work...pulling an all nighter here with the other spurs lads and a few ex-pats....only problem is theres a few city jerseys about the place...my guess is they will all fuck off before 12 the weak cunts...
hoping for a 4-2-3-1 or at the very least a CDM....capoue to start if sandro dosent...

lloris
walker verts vlad rose
capoue/sandro dembele
lennon ade eriksen
soldado

team will most likely be
lloris
walker vlad daws rose
lennon dembele bentalab eriksen
ade
soldado

COYS!