Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yup. Can hardly think of an occasion in which we were about to play a top side and I was more relaxed. There is literally nothing but good that can come from this match, despite the varying levels of good.

Another hiding wouldn't exactly be my idea of 'nothing but good...'
Their GD doesn't need any more help... ours does!
IF we're gonna lose, I suppose i'd settle for a slightly finer margin than last time (especially with Liverpool scoring FOUR fun last night... we really are more like 4 points behind them now)
A win would be amazing for confidence and momentum (word of the week... it's feckin' everywhere!) and I guess I can even handle the thought of some soulless goonners convincing themselves they're Spurs fans for the evening!
Mind you, if Chelsea win, then the Arse get knocked off top regardless of our result...

The nagging thing about it all is, I could handle seeing City win the league... especially at the expense of the other two ...but to do that, they're probably gonna have to win at places like ours!!

It's the ultimate #Spursy conundrum... and one we've had before!

So, are we going at this tonight with an Optimistic, or pessimistic view point?

It's either 'nothing to lose/win-win' (meaning that if we win, great... but if we lose, meh, City go top ahead of you-know-who!!)
orrrrrrrrr the 'lose-lose' scenario; in that IF we win, we're doing THEM a favour, but if we lose... losing hurts, and I hate losing! Grrrrrr!

...there's a very fine line between the two IMHO!

An exaggeration yes, joke no. I'll defend this opinion to the end of the earth until it's addressed. Our recovery times for any given injury are utterly atrocious. While I'm sure in all seriousness it's of no intention of Levy's, our training staff is unquestionably complete tripe. So honestly, I'd even take that exaggeration in any debate over whatever faux-existent foundation you may believe to exist that suggests otherwise and thus prompted to you go out of your way to make such a nit-picky accusation.

Assuming your own fellow fans are morons, one of the most ironic and alarmingly common acts of self-defamation out there on the internet these days.

You haven't a clue who is on our medical staff and what their qualifications are.

No clue about the level of facilities and no clue about the investment Levy does or doesn't make into that area.

So please cut the bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom