Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really feel like we miss Scotty P this season, for this reason. Some might not like him, but he's a "throw your face in the way" kind of player who tracks back to the goal line if needed. Shit attacking player, but great all-heart hero.

:parker:

Come on, its just romanticising about a player who was at his best for 6 months of his Spurs career and then went completely downhill, we was desperate for him to leave (Sadly) at the end of last season.
The man we are missing is a Sandro in his peak. He is a true beast when fully fit.

I agree we need a lot more heart and passion in our performance though. It seemed to me that Ade was that player yesterday, shoving Yaya Toure off the pitch, etc..

Another thing that really fucked me off about this game was 3 cunts about my age who I nicknamed "Gangstaaar squad" - (Tracksuit bottoms down to their ankles and hoods)

Walked into my local (Lincoln Arms in Bush Hill) which is 90% Spurs, no exaggeration, and is a fairly rough type of place.
They gave it large the whole match about how shit we were (Loudly) and how much City deserved everything they got. The penalty one of them loudly proclaimed "It was deserved, fuck offf"

All of them had local London accents (With a slight twinge of cunt)...

Now these lads would never have supported city five years ago. I so badly wanted to either clump one of them or ask them to name their old ground which they moved from. Got a special dislike for city fans and wiggers.

80's Liverpool
90's United
00's Chelsea/United
10's City

Anyone from the south supports the above teams is just a fuckwit in my eyes. Unfortunately in today's game club loyalty is surpassed by "who's the best", even a lot if kids will choose the best team as opposed to the one their old man supports.

I'd love to think that in a far-flung corner of Somerset, or Surrey, or East Anglia somewhere, there is still a defiant bunch of Blackburn & Leeds Utd supporters, that dwindles in number with each passing day!!

Their own personal torment whether to stick, or twist to Chelsea/Man City for a few years it what amuses me most!

Come on, its just romanticising about a player who was at his best for 6 months of his Spurs career and then went completely downhill, we was desperate for him to leave (Sadly) at the end of last season.
The man we are missing is a Sandro in his peak. He is a true beast when fully fit.

I agree we need a lot more heart and passion in our performance though. It seemed to me that Ade was that player yesterday, shoving Yaya Toure off the pitch, etc..

AVB didn't really play him, least in a flattering way - but he was the catalyst for Harry's spurs I felt.

Good old Scotty P

And the Scotty P I miss

mHHDG.gif

Hang on, is he the one 'dishing it out'... or the poor sod (#14) on the receiving end, twice?
:parker::parker:

He's the Scotty P that learnt to take it in the face from a young age (eventually with Balotelli's boot). The 'twice in the face'.

I really feel like we miss Scotty P this season, for this reason. Some might not like him, but he's a "throw your face in the way" kind of player who tracks back to the goal line if needed. Shit attacking player, but great all-heart hero.

:parker:

One thing I'll say about harry is he always bought in plwyers that will play their bollocks off. Albeit it ageing bollocks.

It will be interesting to see if Sherwood even plays Sandro, he is a DM and I thought our management team don't like DM's.

Love him. Reminds me of myself on the pitch, about the same playing style.

That's what English football is about though isn't it? We haven't got the silky skills, but no other nationality will willingly take one to the face like a defensive English player :p
Or like Ledley - "fuck having knees"..

It will be interesting to see if Sherwood even plays Sandro, he is a DM and I thought our management team don't like DM's.
What will be interesting is to see how that quote is twisted and turned into some bullshit and becomes and urban myth.

What Les said made perfect sense, aside from the always arguing/agreeing thing.

What will be interesting is to see how that quote is twisted and turned into some bullshit and becomes and urban myth.

What Les said made perfect sense, aside from the always arguing/agreeing thing.

Only time will tell I guess.
But based on what we have seen so far and listening to Les's views on a DM, it is reasonable to assume that his preferred centre Mid paring would Bentaleb and Paulinho or am I missing something?

Only time will tell I guess.
But based on what we have seen so far and listening to Les's views on a DM, it is reasonable to assume that his preferred centre Mid paring would Bentaleb and Paulinho or am I missing something?

Doubt that. Even with Bentaleb available and doing well enough he chose to go with Dembele and Paulinho against Stoke. I'm still holding out hope he sees Bentaleb as a utility player for the time being while wait for a couple players to return from injury.

Doubt that. Even with Bentaleb available and doing well enough he chose to go with Dembele and Paulinho against Stoke. I'm still holding out hope he sees Bentaleb as a utility player for the time being while wait for a couple players to return from injury.
The point that was being made, refferenced further up the thread, was he will not be playing Sandro in Central Midfield, you appear to agree with this?

The point that was being made, refferenced further up the thread, was he will not be playing Sandro in Central Midfield, you appear to agree with this?

Whoops, I apologize for missing the point of your question.

I'm not sure anyone knows whether he will or will not with Sandro. I think we can have higher hopes based on the comparative facts with Capoue that 1- Sandro has been at Spurs longer (referenced due to Tim's comment he didn't "know Capoue very well,") and 2- he's more than proved himself at the Prem level in that time. Dembele has done very well though under Tim's reign, so I'm not sure Sandro will be able to dislodge him, and Tim seems to have high praise for Paulinho.

For the immediate time, I'm hoping Capoue did enough yesterday to merit a starting spot against Hull. Dembele and Bentaleb's mechanics, decisions, and touches are all far too similar. A right-footed CDM would be a much-needed touch of balance in the side, especially with how remarkably weak we are on our left side.

Back
Top Bottom