Tottenham Hotspur feat 1882 v Tax Dodgers United (Monaco)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've started taking shed loads of pictures every match now, even of the simplest thing. I have a ST in the South Upper, but am using cup games to capture the view and memories of other areas.This place has been such a home to me over the past 25-30 years, providing comfort and distraction through bad times and pure ecstasy through some good times too... and it will just be very, very strange when it's gone.

Yep, I've been going since I was 8, and it looks better now than its ever done. The only bad thing that happened was the removal of the Shelf. I know most of us are onboard with the new stadium, but away fans are always praising WHL for the view and the atmosphere. It will take ages for the new place to come close. We are mad if we think we'll get close to 60,000 for most games.

I hear ye CSWY, I had to move to Belfast for work reasons two years ago next week and miss going all the time so much:-/ Only been to a cupla games since unfortunately when I used to go at least 15/20 times a season when living in North London for years-makes me sad esp when Chavs and woolwich come to town-I didn't miss a Woolwich derby home or away for five years till last season:-(
Bringing my wee lad next year though for his first spurs match against the scum-that will be him hooked for life like I was after my first game with my Dad-spurs Woolwich when Popescu scored the winner on a jan night:)

Yep, I've been going since I was 8, and it looks better now than its ever done. The only bad thing that happened was the removal of the Shelf. I know most of us are onboard with the new stadium, but away fans are always praising WHL for the view and the atmosphere. It will take ages for the new place to come close. We are mad if we think we'll get close to 60,000 for most games.
Even with 30,000 on the waiting list? In both a good and bad way, flashy new stadiums do seem to entice more people to come along to matches, e.g. the library? And the likes of Leicester and Sunderland getting close to full houses? I lived close to Brighton for a long while, and whilst they couldn't sell out the 7k Withdean, suddenly the Amex was initially ST only when it first opened...

I hear ye CSWY, I had to move to Belfast for work reasons two years ago next week and miss going all the time so much:-/ Only been to a cupla games since unfortunately when I used to go at least 15/20 times a season when living in North London for years-makes me sad esp when Chavs and woolwich come to town-I didn't miss a Woolwich derby home or away for five years till last season:-(
Bringing my wee lad next year though for his first spurs match against the scum-that will be him hooked for life like I was after my first game with my Dad-spurs Woolwich when Popescu scored the winner on a jan night:)
I was at that match. Another brilliant short-lived Tottenham team!

Even with 30,000 on the waiting list? In both a good and bad way, flashy new stadiums do seem to entice more people to come along to matches, e.g. the library? And the likes of Leicester and Sunderland getting close to full houses? I lived close to Brighton for a long while, and whilst they couldn't sell out the 7k Withdean, suddenly the Amex was initially ST only when it first opened...
Well where were they last night?

If we price it sensibly, then I really don't think we'll have a problem filling the new stadium. It is going to attract a lot of interest. Key for me is ensuring we make the new South Stand a genuine home for proper fans.
Hope you're right mate, but I can't see 30,000 extra fans turning up for the novelty of a new stadium. And if they do that novelty will soon wear off.

Hope you're right mate, but I can't see 30,000 extra fans turning up for the novelty of a new stadium. And if they do that novelty will soon wear off.
You're certainly right in terms of longer term. Season 1 will be full. After that, depends on whether we really do have a genuine backlog of genuine support on the waiting list... or loads of half-hearted plastics. Sunderland and Brighton both went from "impossible to get a ticket" to "buy on the gate" in 2 seasons.

You're certainly right in terms of longer term. Season 1 will be full. After that, depends on whether we really do have a genuine backlog of genuine support on the waiting list... or loads of half-hearted plastics. Sunderland and Brighton both went from "impossible to get a ticket" to "buy on the gate" in 2 seasons.
There's no way we'll fill up the new ground. I was at the scum LC game, and there were loads of empty seats. Our new fans aren't made of the same stuff.

CSWY makes a good point about tic prices imo-look at woolwich, they expanded by 20k and still hiked their prices up even more becoming the most expensive club around to watch a game at.
I hope spurs dont do that and at least freeze ST prices for a year or two esp if we are still trying to crack top 4 by then.

I was at that match. Another brilliant short-lived Tottenham team!
I was 13-I remember my dad and I walking up to the lane from my uncles place near seven sisters that night and the police and horses all the way up the middle of the high road with the gooners across from us, was so intense even then as a kid I remember staying very close to my old man haha!

Never forget walking up the steps into the park lane that night-take it to my grave, was my only win against woolwich I saw live until I was a grown man of about 27!
Madness

Most games seem to go on general sale now. 60k is a big ask for every game. As already said, main challenge will be keeping a Park Lane type section

When booking online for the new south stand, do we think the club can put a statement about it? Something along the lines of "this is a singing section" do they do that with the Old Trafford singing section?

The 30,000 is probably not a correct number. I've heard of quite a few who pay that bit extra for the bronze membership just to get priority for the big games, but would have no interest in a season ticket (you're automatically placed on the list as a bronze member).

The 30,000 is probably not a correct number. I've heard of quite a few who pay that bit extra for the bronze membership just to get priority for the big games, but would have no interest in a season ticket (you're automatically placed on the list as a bronze member).
Yeah I'm in that category with many others I presume-have had bronze for ages and am 10.000 odd on the list last I checked but I'd say at least half of those are like me and just want ticket priority tbh.
When i move back to London in a couple of years I will want a ST though;)

such hangovers.........PoPo took my barely opened can off me. It was heart breaking
hqdefault.jpg
B4xDZODgEO-12.png

There are more 'Drunk Po' pics online than you'd think... I was spoilt for choice!

Back
Top Bottom