Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For all the hype and bullshit around Ajax they looked bang average. Even when the commentators were wetting themselves in the first half about how great they looked they only created one real chance and we were basically letting them walk into our final third.

Second half they weren't even in it. I couldn't imagine us ever getting turned over by this lot if we had our first 11 out there tonight. Really annoying and upsetting that we have to settle for what could have been.

Going off the fact that Juve, Madrid and Bayern couldn't keep cleanheets away at Ajax, it's safe to assume we won't either.

So it's likely we'll need 3 goals to go through next week.

Luckily, we will have Son back and if we can score 3 goals away at City, more than capable away at Ajax.
2-1 and we're good

We are 100% in this.

Pochettino fcuked up the formation but we score first or even get to 1,-1 and we have a chance.

Play Foyth from now to end of season.

Big up to Wanyama and Sissoko and well played Sanchez, Rose and Alderweireld.

Ajax are good but not as good as we made them look in the first 35 mins.

Last edited:
If we'd not been such an absolute disaster in the first half it would have been pretty straightforward to get at least a point. Second half was how I thought the whole match would be.

Watching us with zero threat up-front was painful to the eyes. Oof.

Really proud of that second half performance, showed real balls to pick ourselves up against what is a really impressive side. Play like we did in the second half in Amsterdam and we can turn this around.

Don't know what to say. I feel drained and depressed after that. We need a bit of a miracle in the 2nd leg to go through, cause there is no way we'll keep a clean sheet there.

After all the harping on about a precious away goal that the commentators have done, I've had to think a bit. We have to beat them either way and the lowest score we can get by doing that is 1-0 which means their away goal literally matters none... If we score at home then away goals begin to matter.

Right, so match Madrid's result in Amsterdam and we are through. Should be possible and especially with Son coming back. If you had asked before the match, I wouldn't have taken 0-1 but I'd have thought about it and considering the circumstances it's not a bad result. COYS

Still right in this. I think Ajax might have blown it, we were there for the taking in the first half. I'm convinced Kane will play and Son obviously. All the pressure on them as well now.

He’s a myth and anyone who hasn’t been in some delirious state of fan boy denial could see that for the last two seasons.

It’s a division 3 player out there against CL quality that just pasted Real Madrid away and then Juve.

But do on, go ahead and tell me he’s better than these Ajax nobodies who can actually control a football and pass and shoot.
He was good last season, has been poor and hit by injuries this season. You turn your back on him and call him shit, saying you want him out of the club. You should at least support him and hope that he gets back to his best as long as he's playing in our team. You get a kick out of mocking him and calling him shit, it's easy to tell because you go all quiet when he does good. Get behind the team, loser

Back
Top Bottom