Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know what fify means but no one can argue that sports, especially college sports (which is in my opinion is nothing but exploitation. The coaches are the highest paid members of the faculty for God's Sake. They're supposed to be places of further education, not some sports teams with a college attached!!) are played around TV scheduling in order to generate the highest revenue, especially the endless advertisements. It's not quite that bad here. God forbid the college sports TV money type stuff ever comes over here but the money/showbiz angle of things most certainly started in the States.

Last edited:
I don't know what fify means but no one can argue that sports, especially college sports (which is in my opinion is nothing but exploitation. The coaches are the highest paid members of the faculty for God's Sake. They're supposed to be places of further education, not some sports teams with a college attached!!) are played around TV scheduling in order to generate the highest revenue, especially the endless advertisements. It's not quite that bad here. God forbid the college sports TV money type stuff ever comes over here but the money/showbiz angle of things most certainly started in the States.
"Fixed It For You"
Honestly not trying to get into an argument here. But I think the TV money is already flowing. Isn't that why the PL was created? Maximize television contracts?

Far from ITK on Tottenham's finances, but surely the TV money has helped the club invest in the new stadium, practice grounds, etc etc, no?

Can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

Tottenham wants needs a global following. That will help the club grow and stay financially stable. Part of that means playing an unbalanced schedule for TV. It sucks, but it's part of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom