Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are really worried, all week they've been trying to twist things to make out like we're massive favourites.

Classic defense mechanism I know........but still.....FFS

Their mind games are poor, and I dont understand how pretending that the double is ours to lose carries any weight into our thinking.
Do they really think our players and manager will read the papers and think we will walk it.

So what if Cahill plays or doesnt? So what if Hazard has a bandage? Do they think Poch will say "lads, Hazard has a bandage on, dont waste time marking him"

And calling us favourites? And? This team is thriving on its confidence. Its not detrimental to us.

giphy.gif

This is in our hands, we can make it happen, lets make it happen.

COYS

Their mind games are poor, and I dont understand how pretending that the double is ours to lose carries any weight into our thinking.
Do they really think our players and manager will read the papers and think we will walk it.

So what if Cahill plays or doesnt? So what if Hazard has a bandage? Do they think Poch will say "lads, Hazard has a bandage on, dont waste time marking him"

And calling us favourites? And? This team is thriving on its confidence. Its not detrimental to us.

Mine would be "Hazard might have a knock, kick him as fucking hard as you can without getting sent off"

This morning , the wife (who has no interest in football at all) says..Its Spurs today? Believe me this was a totally random comment- never has she shown an ounce of interest-in fact she detests football. A good omen for the day I feel-I feel energised for it, its amazing. COYS

They also keep on saying: "yeah but we've got form....you've never won anything"

Why are you all melting then????

Chelsea are bang on favourites today but they are worried- fear is almost touching cloth?
They know we have the momentum and in all cup competitions or league football, you need this as much as a little luck. We are not showing any signs of weakness, like them. This is a one off game, up for grabs for whoever wants it more. I believe , we want it more and are unified as a team. We have score to settle from last season. I would play the vids in the dressing room, over and over again and remind the players of how scummy they are.:coys:

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "I think if there is one favourite it's Chelsea because they are top of the table, because of the experienced players and the manager that they have.

"We are talking about one of the best teams in Europe.

"But we are in a good moment, too, and we are hungry to challenge this type of team.":coys:

This morning , the wife (who has no interest in football at all) says..Its Spurs today? Believe me this was a totally random comment- never has she shown an ounce of interest-in fact she detests football. A good omen for the day I feel-I feel energised for it, its amazing. COYS
Ha! My girlfriend, who also has no interest in football, just texted me to say "Good luck to Tottenham today!". She has literally never done that before!

I've heard all this before. It seems as if facts are wrong/to be derided. Like our record at Wembley does not exist?

He reasoned it's only 2 measley yards? Does he know one yard is three feet? Then put that 6 feet in a diagonal? With Dier chasing some of the fastest players?

My point is I want Poch to think about pace and not bunch our slower players.

Plus I wish Spurs fans would be more vocal about the ONLY CRACKS IN OUR GAME. If we keep talking about pace perhaps we can get some pace added. Eriksen form has improved with Pace around him. With Son/Walker etc.

It's our only weakness so why not talk about it?

I was laughed off the forum when I suggested Walker, Rose and Trippier should push forward more often on the wing. It's just another pattern. Pace on the wings helped so much. Now some through the middle? With our power? We will be a true world power.

You're entitled to have opinions of where you think we can strengthen, but come on man IT'S FA CUP SEMI FINAL DAY!!!!

We've got the best team, the best manager we've had in over 30 years, our team is young, hungry and playing some of the most exciting football I've EVER seen a Spurs team play. We're about to play fucking Chelsea in a MASSIVE semi-final and for the first time in many years, we KNOW we are good enough to beat them, that we don't have to fear them.

We should be fucking PUMPED for this! This is a beautiful time to be a Spurs fan! Yes, it's possible we might lose today, but we might also FUCKING WIN IT!

Just for today forget worrying about whether we have a slow central midfield blah blah blah and get your fucking WAR FACE ON MAN! CAHHMMMOOORRRRN LET'S FUCKING AVE IT!!!!

braveheart2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom