Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just for today forget worrying about whether we have a slow central midfield blah blah blah and get your fucking WAR FACE ON MAN! CAHHMMMOOORRRRN LET'S FUCKING AVE IT!!!!

braveheart2.jpg

scottish football is shit mate :harryhmm:

Looking forward to this. I'm slightly worried that we are at Wembley. In the midfield we are relatively slow. I think our amazing home run is in part due to WHL having one of the narrowest pitches. So our pace in the final third in attack/midfield isn't as big a problem. With Wembley being so wide, I think that is why our track record there is poor.

Son has helped the pace in the final third. Dembele is looking fitter than usual and his pace is better than the "coming back from injury" Dembele. I'm worried that Poch will put a slow line or bunch of players together. Something the op can attack. Eg: Davies/Alli/Eriksen or Davies/Dembele/Eriksen. An area that Chelsea's fast wings can attack on the break.

I think the lineup is key. If he bunches slow players in midfield (Dier/Dembele/Eriksen) it could be another avenue of the op's attack on a large pitch. So I hope Wanyama plays as he has deceptive pace and amazing reading of the game. It's great Dier can learn from him too.

IMO the only issues at Spurs are pace in the midfield/attack, young squad and Poch can have bizarre tactics (risky passing out from the back and can put out risky lineups) but whatever Poch lacks as a young manager his fitness and team ethic trumps it. And we are young but full of energy so even our shortcomings are overlapped by our other qualities.

It's been a great run. I was frustrated with Poch's tactics but he's growing with this squad and progressing with us. I think he knows we'll need pace in the future. I doubt we will get more players like Jensen in the off season. I think he'll go the pace rout. I hope so.
Remember this is the guy that wanted to play an attacking trio of Bentaleb - Dembele - Trippier

Right then... i'm off to find me some fellow Yiddos and some decent beer in downtown Vienna...

Whoever's at Wembley today, the weight and strength of our support is on you... enjoy the occasion, give Ugo a decent send off... and sing your fucking voice hoarse for Tottenham!!

Those watching it at home on TV, go easy on the other family members around you...
they may not quite understand the magnitude of today!

...and for everyone else watching on tv's in the pubs & bars around London, England, Europe and the World... let's fucking DO this for Tottenham... let everyone know our name, and feel our might!

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Told you to watch out for strange changes. Ake in for Cahill. Conte is bricking it. Terry will bring the others down with his sulking at not being picked and our boys will target the Bournemouth reject.

COYS!

Told you to watch out for strange changes. Ake in for Cahill. Conte is bricking it. Terry will bring the others down with his sulking at not being picked and our boys will target the Bournemouth reject.

COYS!

CAhill is injured, don't see how this is strange given the circumstances?
Regardless COYS we got this!

Back
Top Bottom