Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we do somehow win this I'll be all like

brad-pitt-dancing.gif

except not in a red top obviously

Tim Sherwood's finest moment as a Spurs player was against Chelsea, here's hoping he can replicate it as manager.

...please no Townsend tomorrow - no end product and no defensive work rate...hopefully it will be:

Lloris
Walker-Kaboul-Verts-Zeki
Sandro-Dembele
Lennon-Siggy-Chadli
Ade

COYS

Siggy in???
COYS
  1. Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Journal

"Tim Sherwood hopes that three of his defenders will be available to face Chelsea tomorrow, with Kyle Walker, Younes Kaboul and Zeki Fryers all battling to shake off injuries.

Walker and Kaboul have both missed the last four games, and Zeki Fryers – who has been filling in for Danny Rose at left-back – had to withdraw from the England Under-21 squad this week due to an ankle problem.

But Sherwood said: “Walker is close, Younes Kaboul is close – we’re just waiting to see how they react after they train today.

“Zeki’s touch and go, he’s still got an ankle problem but we’re assessing him tomorrow and hopefully he should be ok.”

Gylfi Sigurdsson is also hoping to make his first Tottenham appearance since January 29, having played for Iceland against Wales in midweek.

The midfielder has scored in his last two games against Chelsea and he told the club’s website: “Of course I want to score again tomorrow.”

Unfortunately, Spurs still have a lengthy injury list to contend with, and they will be missing a number of players for the trip to Stamford Bridge.

“It might come a bit soon for Christian Eriksen,” said Sherwood. “Erik Lamela? No. We’re hoping he’ll be back before the end of the season, but I don’t think he is anywhere near resuming training or being up for selection.

“Capoue? No. Vlad Chiriches is out too. It’s too soon for Danny Rose, but he’s making good progress.”

Given that Eriksen looks set to lose his race for fitness due to a back injury, Sherwood was pleased that the 22-year-old did not appear for Denmark against England in midweek.

“Christian knows himself – he’s only a young boy but he’s very mature,” said Sherwood. “He knew he wasn’t right to play so he made that decision for them, but it’s good of the Danish federation to consider Tottenham.

“It was a friendly, after all. They know everything they need to know about Christian Eriksen, he’s their star player. But he made the decision for them because he wasn’t right to play.”

Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs "

Fuck bad situation, hopefully Kaboul and Walker will be back, what is it with Rose, always seems to be injured, our attacking midfield options look weak if we are not going to be playing Eriksen or Paulinho in comparsion with what Chelsea have, then again West Spam manager to get something and with the excpetion of Rose we should have all of our defensive players out on the pitch, here's hoping! COYS

Siggy in, always seems to play well against these guys
scoring a couple of goals and playing well are not necessarily co-incident. Sigurdsson scoring and us losing 5-1 hardly justifies his inclusion.
Playing like we did against Norwich and Cardiff will guarantee the loss without upping the goals against column by playing a passenger.
A fit Kaboul and Sandro with a firing Lennon and Ade might give us a chance, but anything less than a fully committed and fired up Spurs will leave us chasing shadows. I'd rather have Bentaleb in an attacking role than Sigurdsson.

Back
Top Bottom