Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice to see MyFootballFacts starting a match thread. Spurs v Hull has a place in my heart as it was the first game I ever saw (as a kid) on an unforgettable Wednesday night 26 April* 1978. We had stumbled in the run-in and were in danger of losing the 3rd promotion place to Brighton, we won 1-0 with Perryman(!) scoring - probably the most important goal in his career. That enabled us to play out a 0-0 draw with Southampton (who were also promoted) the following Saturday and gain promotion back to the top division after just one season. I didn't really know what was going on, and thought we had won 2-0 (didn't understand disallowed goals) until we got home and saw it on the news.

(*btw, you (myfootballfacts) actually have a typo on your Spurs v Hull stats page for this game, your page says 26 March)

http://www.topspurs.com/7778.htm

Last edited:
They_d71173_961791.jpg

Is that off topic? :ossie:

Hull will look to block off the centre using Huddlestone as a spy.

We need to stretch them playing wide and the occasional cut in to break them down with an unpredictable attack.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sandro, Paulinho, Townsend, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado] [/formation]

Bench: Dawson, Friedel, Dembele, Holtby, Defoe, Naughton, Lennon

Bring on Lennon on the 60 minute mark for either Townsend or Lamela, depending on if we need width down the right or to give experience down the left again.

Bring on Holtby for Paulinho if we need more attack through the centre or bring on Dembele for Eriksen after 70 minutes to run out a lead to keep a clean sheet.

Bring on Defoe with 15/20 minutes to go to keep his confidence up after the West Ham game.

All others on the bench are there just in case we get an injury, a player for each position.

I like the idea of playing Townsend and Lamela on the wings and having them switch sides a couple of times a game. Would give opposing defenders fits.

Last edited:
No pressure, but with Man City/Chelsea playing each other... we win, we go Top 4 (at the very least)!
There, stick that in your home banker permutations... this shit just got real!!

Back
Top Bottom