Tottenham Hotspur v. LASK || Europa League Group Stage 03.12.2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The bigger picture is that in the end it doesn't matter if we won or drew, we're through, if we beat Antwerp we top the group.

The smaller picture is me shaking an angry fist having just wasted two hours of my life

Disgraceful. Thought antwerp would be the end of this type of performances. A lot of pre madonnas out there tonight. Chelsea beat the EL champions 4 nil away with a lot of players rested. Shows weve a lot to do and a long way to go.
Still very underwhelmed with bales performances

I’m writing myself a letter and on the envelope it says “Do not open until the next time Spurs are in the Europa League group stage”.

The text of that letter: “You‘ve been here before and you must now know better than to get excited for Europa League group games because they are wank in every sense of the word. Spurs won’t care, the opposition will be shite, and you will end up spending at least half the time mindlessly looking at your phone to pass the time. Stop looking forward to them all week, you’ll only disappoint yourself. Stop rushing home from work, you aren’t missing anything. Just stop it mate.”

What a weird game and performance...

I know it’s a broken record at this stage, but can anyone offer up any sensible argument as to why we’re getting rid of a very competent deputy GK in Gazza to use Hart, who is literally completely and utterly broken as a professional footballer? I mean what the actual fuck was he doing for their second goal??
Don’t get me wrong he seems like a great bloke, but he shouldn’t be anywhere near starting matches for Tottenham...

There's an element of showing them some gratitude for sitting on the bench most of the time.
You also need to play them regularly or they will lose their edge and be useless when they're actually required to step in, due to injury or suspension.

Also, if you never play them, you'll never get a keeper worth a penny since they'd refuse to be permanently side lined.

What a weird game and performance...

I know it’s a broken record at this stage, but can anyone offer up any sensible argument as to why we’re getting rid of a very competent deputy GK in Gazza to use Hart, who is literally completely and utterly broken as a professional footballer? I mean what the actual fuck was he doing for their second goal??
Don’t get me wrong he seems like a great bloke, but he shouldn’t be anywhere near starting matches for Tottenham...

Gazza is shit. We swapped him out for a home grown keeper of similar quality.

Back
Top Bottom