Tottenham Hotspur V Leicester in the league

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting call that, because the way we were playing I took the oposite view. We were dominating many teams for long periods but we wern't killing games off. It's happened several times this season and I include the little run where we were being talked up too. Results like tonight, Newcastle, Stoke, Everton away, Araenal away, all games off the top of my head we were by miles the better team - and we didn't win. That the problem we have with this team - we play well enough to win most games, but we don't win as much as we should or deserve to.

Sure, we have a manager who doesn't have tactics. 4-2-3-1 anytime, no imagination.

I need to see Sam Allardyce really sad come Saturday to make up for this. Was like watching somebody trying to scratch a scratch card with a rubber. Leicester are horrible. Lamela looked good, Alli looked good, Walker looked terrifying (though that is a rarity these days).

Whilst I agree. I don't see anything wrong with building us up. We were more than capable of beating Leicester today and looking at the results around us, would have been MASSIVE. It'll bring a lot of us back down to earth, especially considering we'd have to win THREE games on the bounce with the three above us losing to actually go top now. The chance to win the league is over but top four was always our aim and that's on.

we could still finish second or sixth i think with this team the way others are playing, who knows!? I just hope it does bring people down to earth and above all not keep looking to see if the cake is done halfway through baking!

I must say Leicester played well, I dont mind so much when the other team a par performer, its losses like the newcastle game that are worse and millions of other in the past

It was a fucking disaster of a game.... Over the past 2 games against Leicester we have learned that what Poch has created is a committed group of players who will give 100% everytime but are unfortunately lacking in pace and creativity....

From mid way through the 2nd half one could see how this game was going to end... It was almost boringly predictable, a carbon copy of Sunday!! Dominate possession, pass sideways, put some neat passages of play together without every really treatening the opposition goal.

For the amount of possession we have in games we create so few good chances. Apart from Kane's chance in the 2nd half we had nothing really!!

Corner after corner after corner.. Inept delivery after delivery.. Never looking like scoring.... There is such a shortage of goals in this team!!!

After watching recent games all I can say is that opposition teams have our number and lets collectively accept that the best we can truly hope for this year is 4th... Sad to say but it's the truth.. Give a title winning team 70% of the ball at home - they score!!!!

Well done to Leicester they deserved it - God Bless the Ranieri philosophy, so so simple!!!

I am never going into a game confident EVER again!
It gets you nowhere...
Negativity all the way from now on, that way there are only pleasant surprises and I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong

We're going down, and Kane, Lloris & Alli will be Madrid players by the end of the window... how's that for starters?

That was fucking Silly Spurs... silly cunts!

i thought we played well again but creatively this young side still hasn't quite clicked. just need to find the right blend/personnel to add more penetration in attack. leicester proving to be no flash in the pan and very resilient.

ref was poor

Claudio almost beat Poch in the cup and beat him tonight. What more can be said about them?
Ohh he will fuck Poch off in FA next week, again..

CYocDaUWsAANhE6.jpg

21 attempts and only five on target? Pffffff ...

we could still finish second or sixth i think with this team the way others are playing, who knows!? I just hope it does bring people down to earth and above all not keep looking to see if the cake is done halfway through baking!

I must say Leicester played well, I dont mind so much when the other team a par performer, its losses like the newcastle game that are worse and millions of other in the past
League hopes were dashed with the 1 point from our last possible 6 in my view, especially with how other results have gone. I know like you said 51 points are to be won but with us being 7 points behind and needing results to go our way throughout the rest of the season and us being susceptible to losing at home to both Leicester AND Newcastle, it'll be too much for this young inexperienced team.

Back
Top Bottom