Tottenham Hotspur V Leicester in the league

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well done to Leicester they deserved it - God Bless the Ranieri philosophy, so so simple!!!
giphy.gif

Sure, we have a manager who doesn't have tactics. 4-2-3-1 anytime, no imagination.
Accept for when we played 3 at the back against Watford only a fees games back.

Baring their keeper having a great game we did more than enough to win the game. They are a very fucking lucky side.

Of course they scored their first goal on nearly 400 minutes of trying...
of COURSE THEY FUCKING DID!
Dr Tottenham charity bandwagon rolls on.
Whadda load of ol' SHHT!

League hopes were dashed with the 1 point from our last possible 6 in my view, especially with how other results have gone. I know like you said 51 points are to be won but with us being 7 points behind and needing results to go our way throughout the rest of the season and us being susceptible to losing at home to both Leicester AND Newcastle, it'll be too much for this young inexperienced team.

Yeah shame we dropped those points but I never thought we would have enough to win title, maybe next year as we refine the squad he has carved out of dumping those mercenaries and wankers! We still had Ade, Soldado, Paulinho, Chiriches, Kaboul only a few months ago

I suppose we could as one of the stats experts where we will finish this season

:pocheyes:

What a wet weekend of a performance. A disgrace actually. Walker, Carroll and Davies were especially shite. Lamela and Eriksen not much better and Harry was a ghost.

I don't know where to start with Carroll...he provides the square root of fuck all. This "keeps us ticking" bollocks is just that. Bollocks. Bentaleb on one leg is better.

Poch needs to take a look at himself too in regards too tonight. Son in the 81st in a must win game? Amateur.

Dier cannot continue to play the role of two, he does it the best he can but he needs help. He covers for Carroll way, way too much.

Lamela was shit but at least he creates.

Leicester were crap and were still enough to do us at home. That's worrying. I don't mind losing, that shit happens, but to lose like that in a must win game is unacceptable.

Serious lack of intensity from anyone not named Eric or Dele.

Need much more this weekend.

And this is coming from chief happy clapper.

That was fucking awful.

Last edited:
Horrible game, shocking in the final third, NOBODY played well imo, Walker back to his old tricks and even Toby for the second time in 4 days having a mare-conceding late was absolutely inevitable and I never thought we would score. All that said it is only one game against our absolute nemesis in footballing terms, they are set up perfectly to play us and will put us out in the replay as well probably.

One thing I'd like to bring up though is some of you somehow blaming this shit result on levy for not buying a striker blah blah blah, he bid 23 million fucking pounds for the striker Poch wanted and Poch himself has said on numerous occasions they have a very specific criteria for buying players-he spent a load of cash on Son and N'Jie as well so change the fucking record on our chairman for fuck sake. Do some of you even remember where we were before ENIC and Levy??
fuck up about him, he has our club in its best state with its best manager and playing squad for a long long time.

we really needed to take advantage tonight especially with the other matches tonight

United are 2 points behind us having been absolutely terrible and Leicester 7 points ahead

We crumble when push comes to shove, top 4? My opinion no chance

Are you being sarcastic? Not quite sure what your angle is at the moment.
My angle is that we allowed Leicester to score from a set piece, after they'd failed to score in a league game for 374 minutes...
The same angle of trajectory as Huth managed to angle the ball into the net, at which point the life was sucked out of the Park Lane... and more worringly, the team.

No sarcasm, just old school pissed offtedness!!

Back
Top Bottom