Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have a chance to finish above Liverpool and Man U. However, to do that both Liverpool & Man U must drop points and we must win today.
A loss today and think it will be asking too much.
Liverpool have to play Man U and Woolwich and Chavs last day - but by then the EPL could have been won by chavs . They have to draw and lose the first 2 and win the remaining.
Man U have to face City and Chavs and Woolwich last day - by then Woolwich may have secured CL and have nothing to play for - they will have to lose both of the first 2 and win the remaining.
If that happens Liverpool would have 76 points and Man Ure 72.
So if we win today and won all our remaining games we would have 80 points.
So, in a nutshell, we win today, Man U/Liverpool is a draw and Man U lose to Chavs and City, and they win all their other games.
Then, Liverpool win all their remaining games except Woolwich ( and of course drawing v Man U) we can afford to drop 3 points and finish 4th.
It's that easy!

Ps I have edited it now !

Last edited:
Excited about the game, just getting back into the football after a timeout and this is a proper big game desperate for the win a draw would not be the end of the world (it would be for Man U though) but we must not lose or it'll hurt us badly in the chase for 4th.

Wonderful scenes, seeing rooney being knocked to the ground. That's where all scousers should be as far as I'm concerned. Scum of the earth!

No chance of rooney getting brain damage, as he obviously doesn't possess one. How he manages to take himself for a piss in the morning is a miracle.

Win today and 4th place is on, a draw means it's still possible but harder to achieve, lose and we fight for 5-6-7 th.
Predictions are for a draw, but this Manure side are average so I go for our favourite score 2-1 yo us COYS

Just as much as a win no way guarantees us a CL spot, I honestly think it's too early to say a loss takes us out of it. There will still be 27 points left to play for and I reckon all the sides above us are just as capable of dropping points against weaker sides as they are each other.

But either way. Let's try to remember that finding someone at the start of the season that though top 4 was a genuine possibility would have been very tricky. Given the amount of games and the limited squad it's amazing to me we are still in with a shout.

If I'm honest, I'm disappointed that Dembele doesn't start.
But Ade returns! lol .... gonna score off the bench ... there I said it.
Anyway ... COYS!

Back
Top Bottom