Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only Danny Rose looks committed in this team.

Dier, Mason, Bentaleb, Walker, Chadli getting absolutely shown up here. Shocking performance.

Such a shame, I was starting to believe Poch had eradicated these performances out of our team but am obviously sorely mistaken.

The worst part for me is our supposed amazing youth is being destroyed. Hoping they can pull out a big 2nd half so not to ruin their confidence.

The worst part is that people think it'll only take a year to eradicate these performances, what did people seriously expect from spurs. There needs to be patience and with a young squad there will always be a whipping or two.

Scary when you need to adapt.

QPR could have hit five against us last week, but because we won, the CB pairing was given the nod again with no thoughts going out to the fact that Utd will put those chances away as they are not QPR.

Oh look, they have put them away.
when crap teams are scoring or creating loads of chances against us, the alarm bells should be ringing. but we bury our head in the sand. then when we get exposed people go on about handsight being a wonderful thing. u dont need hindsight to know we are crap defensively as a team. just watch us play

Gave me barry after Liverpool for suggesting we needed 3 quality players in saying I was kneejerking, now you're suggesting similar. See, you can be as wrong as anyone else on this board.

We need experience. Badly. Team is seriously lacking leadership and a bit of craftiness. Too naive.

Our youngsters are incredibly talented but far too wet around the ears to be counted on in 4 competitions competitively.

we have enough resonable players its game like this when you find out you need one or two exceptional players.

Gave me barry after Liverpool for suggesting we needed 3 quality players in saying I was kneejerking, now you're suggesting similar. See, you can be as wrong as anyone else on this board.

We need experience. Badly. Team is seriously lacking leadership and a bit of craftiness. Too naive.

Our youngsters are incredibly talented but far too wet around the ears to be counted on in 4 competitions competitively.

Yep...the last few weeks performances have really shown me how wrong I was about our depth of quality.

I have liked to have seen more rotation over the last 3 months though as I think half the squad is not even being used, but thats no secret.

Cant say much more than that mate, you were spot on.

It's a very bad day at the office. Shit happens. This is a young team.
Let's not start ultra melting and Cunting each other or the players off.

Lesson will be learnt.
It's not about 'cunting each other off' mate. It's about recognising the obvious weaknesses and not deluding ourselves all the time. There are so many heads in the sand in our fan base; it would be nice to have some self awareness for once.

Yep...the last few weeks performances have really shown me how wrong I was about our depth of quality.

I have liked to have seen more rotation over the last 3 months though as I think half the squad is not even being used, but thats no secret.

Cant say much more than that mate, you were spot on.
Fucking hell. Wasn't expecting that response. Fair play man.

Need to sit down and consider my life now someone has admitted fault on the internet. Don't know what to do with this.

when crap teams are scoring or creating loads of chances against us, the alarm bells should be ringing. but we bury our head in the sand. then when we get exposed people go on about handsight being a wonderful thing. u dont need hindsight to know we are crap defensively as a team. just watch us play

I think winning clouds peoples judgement. Imagine if QPR had equalised? Would the exact same crap performance has still been ok to them?

Same with West Ham. Disgusting effort all round, but because of the way we snatched a point, people wanted to talk about heart and "never give up" and post stats about how many points we've earned in the last 5 minutes etc

Could have lost that game 4-0 quite easily

Back
Top Bottom