Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are tickets if u go to a mate on The Shelf side forum, 3 at FV, meet in Manchester, I'll,vouch for the seller and those meeting him....just wish I could go, and if u pm stevecoys he might share lift..!!

can't remember if I have already posted here, but can't be bothered to look back...sorry.
Anyway I don't think that the fact we have beaten them for the last two seasons at OT should make us complacent, and they will be smarting over their FA Cup loss, so at this moment, I think I would settle for a draw. Don't know if I can cope with a win anyway, as that would get my hopes up to finish top 4 :)

I see them finishing 5th or 4th. Liverpool are on a roll and history and form says its cant continue. But who knows?

I would say it will be Chelsea, City, scum, Liverpool. Yanited then us.

If Kane can get another 7 or 8 goals and our central defenders remember what their job is we have a squeak at 4th but I just can't see it sadly. But saying that, on paper, it's one of the easiest run ins we've had in years.
I can see it, Ive had the vision....?
I feel I need to share the optimism. We will finish above Utd so its just Liverpool to catch. They have the FA Cup for distraction and just 1 point ahead. We have been reborn this season with a renewed sence of purpose . We have been here before and have failed, this time its business. I have the gut feeling? I really cant see any other outcome. 4th spot starting with a draw against Utd.

Last edited:
Love this.

CADQgjkWUAAVGNG.jpg

I made this point before and was pilloried, back when Mad Yid had a bizarre cult following on here. I personally liked MyFootbalFacts MyFootbalFacts 's OPs.
I made a mistake with the original title and changed it before anyone mentioned it. You are the 2nd or 3rd person to mention it since I made the change unbidden. It's a football match thread for gods sake, its really not that important.

Anyway, I'm going to change it back to the original title. :avbfu:

I'm not really

That little inner voice says we are going to crush them badly tomorrow......although its the same inner voice that tells me to burn things so I am not sure how reliable it is.

can't remember if I have already posted here, but can't be bothered to look back...sorry.
Anyway I don't think that the fact we have beaten them for the last two seasons at OT should make us complacent, and they will be smarting over their FA Cup loss, so at this moment, I think I would settle for a draw. Don't know if I can cope with a win anyway, as that would get my hopes up to finish top 4 :)
this season is the first in quite some time when I am embracing hope an optimism....feels good too

In with the Stretford home fans for this, with a United supporting mate. Not sure how I feel about that.

I hope i'm surrounded by miserable bastards all day. Rather then a miserable bastard surrounded by intolerably gleeful Mancs.

CAN YOU SPOT THE DEFENDER TACKLING,PLACE YOUR X CENTRE OF THE BOOT WINS .
youngret_2198758b.jpg
I despise the diving little shit… in fact I hate everything about him, even the way he runs - all hunched over, arms out. I dread him playing tomorrow 'cause he's bound to fool one of our defenders into making a challenge that he can then perform his double somersault with reverse twist and pike.

Watched Soccer Saturday...The discussion about Spurs opened up with how much Harry could be sold for in the summer....
:kaneshh:
We've really fallen into that frame of mind, haven't we? I mean, as soon Kane came to prominence we were all joking about how long it would take Madrid to come in for him...
So I don't blame the media for echoing that.

It would be such a step forward to shed that image/mentality and keep these guys around longer than we are used to doing. Hopefully the feelgood factor of the squad and example of how things are currently going for Bale might help with that...

Love this.

CADQgjkWUAAVGNG.jpg

As amusing as it is, I am wary of stats like this and the portayal of us as a one-man team. Yes, Kane has been on fire, but he is distracting a lot of the media from how well the rest of our young players are developing.
Then again, fuck that lot. What they report won't change how we play, so let's just keep pushing on.

I don't believe that without Pochettino, Kane would be ripping up trees like he is - if only because his pace and physicality wouldn't be at the point they are now.
Pochettino is like the 'academy whisperer', and you can bet that the example of Kane and newfound trust in the yoof will light a fire under their arses. Onomah to breakout next year... COYS.

Gunners look unbeatable as they spank Wet Spam today, Liverpool is lurking, City and Chelsea will hold on to their positions, making the Man U match a must win tomorrow

I made this point before and was pilloried, back when Mad Yid had a bizarre cult following on here. I personally liked MyFootbalFacts MyFootbalFacts 's OPs.
Purely out of my own interest - why does it matter? Surely the match thread titles don't come near the top of most embarrassing things on this forum. I'm honestly stumped as to what the problem could be. Help?

Back
Top Bottom