Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you'll find that's the quandary we're faced with... go for Europe, or try and aim to finish 7th/8th and safely away from all that nonsense???
If it ain't CL, it ain't worth bothering with apparently!

“It’s magnificent to be in Europe, and this club – a club like Tottenham Hotspur – if we’re not in Europe…. we’re nothing. We’re nothing.”

Think Bentalab ironically underlined how important he is to us today.

Today he had a shocker (even prior to 3rd goal) and as such we never got into the game. When he's playing his normal game we tend to dominate the midfield.

I don't think that dropping out of Europa League will help us that much,
the battle to finish top 4 is difficult enough as it is.
man utd, man city, chelsea, woolwich, liverpool, southampton, are all competing for the same spots to.
Not qualifying for Europa League will no guarantee a top 4 finish,
I'd rather do the best in every competition we are in and use the Europa League to give players game time and develop young players.

our fucking away fans make me sick.. Still singing after we were losing, why didn't they just melt and start slagging the players and manager off..
It's easy to spend a couple of hundred quid and The entire day supporting our team, they should try sitting at home and melting then they would know what a proper fan is..

Last edited:
Poch has got nothing wrong. He has gotten more out of the players that were written off than anyone. Paulinho, Chadli, Lamela, Chiriches, Soldado, what had they done before Poch?
Poch was improving Chadli who seems to have taken a big step backwards since his loss. To be honest I am still not sure about him though. He is a player who has limited movement, he's not a pass and mover and likes to receive the ball with his back to goal too much and seems not to have the ability to beat a player.
Lamela is the only one who may improve.
He has bought Stamboouli, Dier, Davies, Vorm and Fazio who have all done not much wrong -except maybe Fazio who will adjust
Bentaleb is still a kid learning his game and he played Mason - who has been a catalyst for a once static uncreative midfield. Mason is the only CM we have who can pass, move, tackle and get into the box; the only CM who has a goal threat and he was a kid we already had who was written off.
It's not poch's fault he has a squad of mediocrity. They haven't done it under 3 managers.
However, Poch has gotten the best he can out of some and brought in some decent additions.
I have said many times before that we lack goals and creativity and we have since Bale was the only one doing it. You cannot rely on 2 players in the squad to get the goals. They cannot score every time.
Dembele has been average since we bought him. Please tell me what he has done before Poch?
Andros is over rated imo. He has potential but I doubt he will realise it. He doesn't assist or score enough and misses a pass.
If anyone thought we would be nailed on for 4th this season they are delusional and to say Poch has got it wrong is even more.
The EL is a squad killer and we haven't really got a decent enough squad.
If we hadn't the EL we may have done a bit better but 4th would have still been a big ask.
Get used to it. We are building a new stadium. Forget £20m+ superstar signings it ain't going to happen. If they do, then be prepared to see Lloris or Eriksen go.

The players that need to go are imo
Dembele - been here too long and done nothing
Chriches - what more do I have to say
Kaboul - ditto
Adebayor - ditto
Paulinho - ditto
Chadli - next season is his last chance
Soldado - like him but it's not worked out
Townsend - if he has one more season of the same

Hopefully Mitchell and co will sort it out.
It will take time and patience.

If the final is Liverpool against Woolwich, Europa qualification drops to 7th place as the winner of the FA Cup will have already qualified for one of the competitions. We might still scrape qualification. ;-)

Not sure if the tv microphones for the crowd were poor or turned down but the atmosphere seemed dead.
All I ever heard was our fans singing and fuck all from the united fans except for that fucking stupid knick knack paddy whack nursery rhyme chant they sing for a few seconds when they scored.
In a 75K seat stadium why is their crowd so shit?

Do you actually think just throwing on a second striker will lead to goals? Theres a hell of a lot more to the game than that.

It could. Id say the chance is bigger that Ade will score than Townsend or Lamela will...so..

The problem for us right now, is there is a hell of a lot lacking from our game.

3-0 down at Old Trafford.

Its not like we have Robben on the bench.

Fuck I hate losing, puts me in a shit mood for ages. Mainly because kids at school will try and piss me off. However again we seem to play like shit when I didn't watch the game. Onwards and upwards but 3-0 seems a but too easy for my liking considering how dire they have been.

Back
Top Bottom