Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And if he plays shit, he plays shit.
Or should we pretend it’s Diers fault if he plays shit?
One thing I always said was that Poch was responsible for Kane’s poor patches.
People didn’t want to know.......well look at him now.
Me, me, me. I, I, I. ‘One thing I always said’. Bollocks. People, people, people.

You never blamed Poch, you blamed Kane. You called him a slug and you wanted him sold. And as for Dier you were adamant that his best position was CM. Well, look at him now. You look ridiculous.

We're doing well precisely BECAUSE we finally signed some players. That is the sort of backing Poch didn't have since probably his first full summer transfer window.
Poch would have Dele at CM and Hojberg on the bench and cunts like you would be applauding it and calling Hojberg Champo shit.
Rose would be ahead of Doherty and he’d have made re signing Eriksen number one priority last summer.
Cunts like you would applaud.

Reguilon and Bale wouldn’t have signed for Poch. They signed for Jose. Cunts like you would want the chairman out for not signing top players yet you didn’t want a top manager to attract them.

Poch would have us playing a diamond and we’d be languishing around 12th to 20th talking about a rebuild. Cunts like you didn’t want a rebuild though.

So when the trophies come, you can fuck off and continue to suck off Havertz and Wan Bissaka

Watching the match a second time without the distraction of crippling nervousness....... We played some pretty amazing football.

Some of our passages of play were beautifully put together.

Not getting carried away as City gave us space but overall, there wasn't a single passenger on the pitch for us.

Can't believe that is the special one's first victory over the bald one.

Oi oi Sammy.

Didn’t realise you were out of quarantine. Enjoy the game?

You truly are a Grade A cunt.

Who the fuck do you think you are? Telling fellow. Spurs fans they won't deserve to celebrate should we win the PL?

We're doing well precisely BECAUSE we finally signed some players. That is the sort of backing Poch didn't have since probably his first full summer transfer window.

Anyway, you'll be back in the bin soon at this rate so we won't have to put with your shite for too much longer.
signed some players effectively and efficiently , most of them were mourinho first choice ,and we got all of them for the cost less than 100m

Poch would have Dele at CM and Hojberg on the bench and cunts like you would be applauding it and calling Hojberg Champo shit.
Rose would be ahead of Doherty and he’d have made re signing Eriksen number one priority last summer.
Cunts like you would applaud.

Reguilon and Bale wouldn’t have signed for Poch. They signed for Jose. Cunts like you would want the chairman out for not signing top players yet you didn’t want a top manager to attract them.

Poch would have us playing a diamond and we’d be languishing around 12th to 20th talking about a rebuild. Cunts like you didn’t want a rebuild though.

So when the trophies come, you can fuck off and continue to suck off Havertz and Wan Bissaka

Animated GIF

Morning all!

Didn't finish watching this til 2am this morning so couldn't join in the discussion til now.

Too much to write in praise of that performance but it can all be summed up in one gif...

Baby Success GIF

Top of the league baby!

Watching the match a second time without the distraction of crippling nervousness....... We played some pretty amazing football.

Some of our passages of play were beautifully put together.

Not getting carried away as City gave us space but overall, there wasn't a single passenger on the pitch for us.

Can't believe that is the special one's first victory over the bald one.

Fuck me, that sums up my watching of every spurs game.

You’re as shit of a poster in the main board as you are in the politics thread.
:dembelefingers:
I'm no fan of Ahabs posting content but fundamentally he's not far off the mark in my experience. I have no memory of a team being consistently successful by being relentlessly negative in their approach to playing football. All of the teams that have become consistent winners have been attack minded possession dominating sides that have ruthlessly crushed the opposition and dominated the game (domestically) for long periods. Liverpool, Leeds, Man Utd, City, Woolwich etc all did it with powerful possession based football. The only exception I can think of were Leicester and everyone agrees they were a fluke who flared and fizzled out .
Playing Russian roulette based defensive football based on the chamber dropping in our favour, for a breakaway shot to the other teams head can only last so long before our luck runs out, because, like Russian roulette it's no way to live. It must be incredibly draining on the nerves and from a support POV its god awful to watch. It's no more enjoyable than watching a boxer take a beating round after round and seeing him (or her nowadays) grab a lucky win with a wild haymaker.
All this Poch v Mou argument is pointless now. We are where we are, and we are all Spurs fans and we all celebrate Spurs wins, and we are all chuffed that we sit at the top after beating the financially doped oil barons. If we win the league playing like this. I'm going to celebrate us being the champions. No fucking doubt about it, and I wont care if it is by goal average based on a goal scored in the last minute that goes in off Sissoko's arse.
But I'm not going to lie.
I would much prefer it to have been a Spurs team playing the game the way that Spurs side that Poch managed - that ripped the league up with scintillating possession based dominating football - with a fabulous defence and an attack that scored goals for fun.

Jeez, forgot all about this.

What a goal that would have been - still can't actually believe Son didn't shoot.

Ndombeles press resistance at the beginning of that move is what makes it all happen too - they can't get near him. This is why he needs to play a little deeper for us, in my opinion. No one else can do that for us in midfield.

Missed a bit,,,

I'm no fan of Ahabs posting content but fundamentally he's not far off the mark in my experience. I have no memory of a team being consistently successful by being relentlessly negative in their approach to playing football. All of the teams that have become consistent winners have been attack minded possession dominating sides that have ruthlessly crushed the opposition and dominated the game (domestically) for long periods. Liverpool, Leeds, Man Utd, City, Woolwich etc all did it with powerful possession based football. The only exception I can think of were Leicester and everyone agrees they were a fluke who flared and fizzled out .
Playing Russian roulette based defensive football based on the chamber dropping in our favour, for a breakaway shot to the other teams head can only last so long before our luck runs out, because, like Russian roulette it's no way to live. It must be incredibly draining on the nerves and from a support POV its god awful to watch. It's no more enjoyable than watching a boxer take a beating round after round and seeing him (or her nowadays) grab a lucky win with a wild haymaker.
All this Poch v Mou argument is pointless now. We are where we are, and we are all Spurs fans and we all celebrate Spurs wins, and we are all chuffed that we sit at the top after beating the financially doped oil barons. If we win the league playing like this. I'm going to celebrate us being the champions. No fucking doubt about it, and I wont care if it is by goal average based on a goal scored in the last minute that goes in off Sissoko's arse.
I would much prefer it to have been a Spurs team playing the game the way that Spurs side that Poch managed - that ripped the league up with scintillating possession based dominating football - with a fabulous defence and an attack that scored goals for fun.
I agree with most of this, but it will take time to build a team that wins and plays attractive football. IMO, Jose is going about the build in the right way, starting from the back, concentrating on the basics, getting the mindset right in that we defend as a team and fighting for the win, one game at a time. He has worked wonders in a year that has been disrupted by circumstances that nobody predicted.

Agree it would be nice to win that way but we didn't win anything playing that way.

If this way results in league championships and trophies then I'm all for doing it this way :)

Good morning league leaders, hope we all still have the high from yesterday.

Everything has been said, but just to add, I loved how Guardiola channeled war artist Thomas Lea's famous painting, The 1,000-Yard Stare...

b8UWoVF.png

a76610c11548c3182b83728251d2d095.jpg

Anyone thinking that this was some kind of miraculous episode of desperate defending against valiant superiors either didn’t watch the game or doesn’t understand the game. We were superb. We were totally in control. We contained them and pulled the trigger of our counter attacking pistol when it mattered.

This is exactly how to win games. It’s called tactics and game plan.

On the whole I'd agree with you, but we did give the ball away far too much in the first 20 minutes. I can remember sitting there and saying out loud, "Oh my God, only 10 minutes gone" and "Oh my God, we've only played 20 minutes". That constant, relentless pressure made the early part of the game seem like a lifetime.

I agree with most of this, but it will take time to build a team that wins and plays attractive football. IMO, Jose is going about the build in the right way, starting from the back, concentrating on the basics, getting the mindset right in that we defend as a team and fighting for the win, one game at a time. He has worked wonders in a year that has been disrupted by circumstances that nobody predicted.
100%
And he is far too good a manager to try to hang on to the current philosophy because he will realise that it has a limited shelf life.
The most encouraging thing about it it was how well drilled and executed it was. I didn't feel that it was last ditch defending but a controlled and manipulated cohesive planned strategy. Let's face it, they have spent a sheiks ransom on that team , they weren't going to be a pushover

Agree it would be nice to win that way but we didn't win anything playing that way.

If this way results in league championships and trophies then I'm all for doing it this way :)
Because when we DID play that way, we came up against teams that did it better. But it doesnt diminish the quality and style of that team, or the beauty of the way they played the game.

Back
Top Bottom