Tottenham Hotspur v Moscow Blues | Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg | Wednesday 12 January 2022 | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it too much to ask for a team just to play shit against us.
I genuinely can't remember the last time an oppo 'keeper made an absolute howler against us...
the only one that springs to mind was Roy Carroll against Mendes... but Clattenburg made sure even that didn't count!

The one good thing about tonight is... i'm not nervous!

We literally have NOTHING to lose...

let's go at it all guns blazing...

may as well go for it, rather than go out with a whimper...

i'd take an early goal and give them summit to think about (and us something to cling to) .... the rest is in the lap of the Gods...

Fuck it. Fuck them. Fuck it all... Let's fucking DO THIS!

Might as well break a few of their players in half whilst we're at it.

I genuinely can't remember the last time an oppo 'keeper made an absolute howler against us...
the only one that springs to mind was Roy Carroll against Mendes... but Clattenburg made sure even that didn't count!
Twente away in the CL springs to mind. Bale chased down their 'keeper.
Blooming freezing that night.
The match day programme was free and I picked up around 20 from the club shop.
They go for about a tenner now.
If I remember rightly, the stand we were in collapsed a few weeks later.

It happened two weeks ago versus Southampton. Fraser Forster dropped the ball and kicked it in to his own net. The referee Anthony Taylor couldn't accept that, so he blew for a foul on the keeper.
Dc Comics Rage GIF by DC

He didn't look all that effective against Morecambe - not sure he would fare much better against a better set of defenders
Or we can tip toe about going sideways & backwards

We’re losing anyways , miraculous things can happen but I very much doubt it . Go for it .

If we dither about , you know how it’ll end

Directed to Tottenham Hale...no access to Tottenham High Road?
That'll ensure fun and games.
What does that mean for closures around the ground then? For the last couple of high profile matches the north end of Worcester Avenue and the whole of Northunberland Park has been closed off. How will they get to Tottenham Hale? Down Northumberland Park and then Shelbourne Road? Or something?

I mean I really don't care if they have to walk home, but the route they will be forced to take affects me getting back to my car to the north of Northumberland Park.

Our 3-1 away win against Chelsea was against a pretty poor Cabellero. I think we beat Man City 2-0 against a pretty poor Bravo

It does happen, you just don't notice it as much as when we're all over a team and their keeper has a worldie

Not bothered if we lose but just fucking show up please. I want to see attacking, aggression, fucking attitude. Treat this like a proper derby ffs.

I’m so sick of seeing us make stupid mistake after stupid mistake in big games and lose by our own mistakes and not by anything our opponent does.

If we lose, let’s lose going all out so we at least have momentum going into the bigger match this weekend.

For me:

Lloris
Sanchez - Rodon - Davies
Emerson -------------------- Reguilon
Skipp - Winks
Lucas
Kane ------ Gil

Lo Celso maybe a more obvious fit then Gil, but not sure he ever offers anything so might as well test out the untested.

Rather Winks than PEH right now.

Rodon in the middle as Sanchez had a shocker there but looks ok at RCB

For me:

Lloris
Sanchez - Rodon - Davies
Emerson -------------------- Reguilon
Skipp - Winks
Lucas
Kane ------ Gil

Lo Celso maybe a more obvious fit then Gil, but not sure he ever offers anything so might as well test out the untested.

Rather Winks than PEH right now.

Rodon in the middle as Sanchez had a shocker there but looks ok at RCB
I like that lineup but Hojbjerg will start. Conte trusts him too much imo.

I think we see the same XI as last time against Chelsea but Gil on for Son.

I personally would like to see what we did against Liverpool. Play with 3 in midfield to try controlling the midfield. Even go Winks, Hojbjerg and Skipp. It’s not creative but it should control the midfield and help the defense. Lucas and Kane up front and hopefully our fullbacks bring some creativity.

Back
Top Bottom