Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Whips are out. The spin doctors are doing their magic?
Dawson needs to keep a check on his tackling so not to concede too many free kicks.
However, he will cope with the long balls from their set pieces which they will need plenty to beat us.

I love Daws, great captain and underrated by a lot of our fans. He just can't play diagonal balls like Luiz.

Is that such an outrageous statement?
Yes
Dawson can knock a ball from the corner of the penalty box to the opposite corner of the other penalty box and drop it on the head of an advancing winger - in fact, he is regularly criticised for playing "Hollywood" passes of that nature, despite his excellence at doing it.
Is that diagonal enough?

Sorry I responded to your post - it wasn't aimed at you particularly, just at the ever mounting pile of carping comments about the guy.

Sunderland played quite well against the Chavs, not many reams will knock 3 past them Wankers.
Poyet has them believing in themselves but we should have too much for them. Thats as long as we go there to win.
Games are coming thick and fast and our great squad should see us close the gap on those above us.

Yes
Dawson can knock a ball from the corner of the penalty box to the opposite corner of the other penalty box and drop it on the head of an advancing winger - in fact, he is regularly criticised for playing "Hollywood" passes of that nature, despite his excellence at doing it.
Is that diagonal enough?

Sorry I responded to your post - it wasn't aimed at you particularly, just at the ever mounting pile of carping comments about the guy.

I don't have an issue with him as a quality player. I just don't think he suits the high line we play. He is exposed all too often

Just sods luck that we have a 5:30PM Kick off on Sky TV and on a saturday - But im bloody laid up in bed sick as a parrot.

----------------------Lloris----------------------
Walker-----Dawson-----Vlad-----Kaboul - (interchanging responsibilities with Vlad)
----------------------Sandro--------------------
Lennon-----------Dembele----------Chadli
---------------------Holtby---------------------
---------------------Soldado-------------------

Can see Sunderland being very much up for this with their half decent result/performance against Chelsea. I would play Dawson to combat the physical presence of Altidore. He did well against Lukaku who is of similar build. I would also play Chadli and Lennon on either wing, one being the small nimble man-beater with pace and the other whipping in the balls for Soldado to knock in.

EDIT - Just to add further, I watched the United game in the pub quite intently and at the half time whistle I said to a few people that my Spurs MOTM so far was Chadli. Majority agreed. I thought he did really well, faded a tad in the second but was still involved, but more so in defensive duties. Looking forward to seeing more of Nacer. I think he is our forgotten signing if you will. I'll be honest I didnt watch him at Twente but he intrigues me. Want to see more.

1-2 Spurs. Up the Yids.

Last edited:
@ Mick Cooper Mick Cooper
its funny that u neg rep me on a comment that was pretty civilised.
considering in all my previous posts ive agreed to disagree and have shown some empathy towards your position.
most people on this forum would agree A. dawsons been terrible and B. when verts and rose are back he needs to be dropped.
you on the other hand continue the fight, now if you want to believe that the earths flat and genesis is the driving force behind evoltuion then by all means go ahead but give me some respect and stop the neg rep bullshit..
i disagreed with plenty of the shit coming out your mouth but give you the courtesey of respecting your right to an opinion

Back
Top Bottom