Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've been dogshit when they played.
Winks is counterproductive.
Mourinho has learned.
Ndombele has improved his fitness.
We just don't ever need o see Winks. Sissoko and Hoijberg starting games.

Maybe finish them if we have a lead to defend against good opposition.

They've NEVER started a competetive game together.....

2 of the 3 have started EVERY game this season though including the games we've played well.

Don't let facts get in the way though, will you.....

Son and Bale should be capable of playing on both wings.

They should be switching throughout the game, it would confuse their CBs and would be very effective I think.
I'm just chatting shit, but on a serious note, I think you're right.

I think Son Kane Bale as a front 3 is pretty versatile, as Son and Bale can switch from L to R; while also Kane can move into CAM with one of them up top.

I'm already excited for Sunday even though it may be too early for them to all start together. Against burnley the week after tho, we could see GLC, Bale, Kane, Son all start, with Reguilon sending in delightful crosses from LB. CAN'T WAIT

I'm just chatting shit, but on a serious note, I think you're right.

I think Son Kane Bale as a front 3 is pretty versatile, as Son and Bale can switch from L to R; while also Kane can move into CAM with one of them up top.

I'm already excited for Sunday even though it may be too early for them to all start together. Against burnley the week after tho, we could see GLC, Bale, Kane, Son all start, with Reguilon sending in delightful crosses from LB. CAN'T WAIT
Animated GIF

Masturbatimg furiously just thinking about it!

Honestly, I can't remember a time when we had so much depth. This transfer window has been crazy.
What a time to be a Spurs fan. Let's hope the performances pick up from where they left off before that ridiculous international break.
Call me an optimist but I can see us challenging for the title.

I don’t think we’ve had a squad as good as this, at least on paper. And that’s despite having dodgy CBs.

Call me an optimist but I can see us challenging for the title.

I don’t think we’ve had a squad as good as this, at least on paper. And that’s despite having dodgy CBs.

Agreed.

100% our best squad of the Prem era in my opinion. Whilst probably not AS strong at full back and centre half like we were in 2016/17 (Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose) - our centre back depth is ALOT better this year. Reguilon, Davies, Doherty and Aurier are a good selection of full backs too.

Spurs is an amazing club to be a fan of.
This past year or so we have had significant disappointments and yet here we all are excited to hell about the next game!
COYS

What a turnaround from losing the opening day. It genuinely felt like doom and gloom after that and it wasn't just kneejerk either.

It'd been 10 months of Mourinho with no clear sign of improvement. We'd just lost at home to Everton and even the first half performance in the next game against Southampton (after sneaking a win in the EL qualifiers) didn't install any confidence into any of us.

But since then?

Just wow.

What a turnaround. Players stepping up. Big important signings made. Confidence flowing. A growing harmony and a team and squad we can all be proud of again.

Back
Top Bottom