Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dont write this lot off for this game. They have a renewed sense of confidence and for them ain't played badly the last couple of games. We need an early goal methinks.

Yep, this is always a tough game. This is the one they want the most, we should be beating them but we can't be going into this thinking it will be easy.
We've come unstuck before against these.

I went back in 2001, Bowie, Moby, Perfect Circle, Elastica, Muse, Toploader, Nine Inch Nails, Chemical Brothers, Cyprus Hill, Ocean Colour scene, David Grey, Pet Shop boys. Fucking amazing lineup for just about every musical taste, and as I like everything from classical to metal to pop I loved it.
Shame about Travis headlining the main stage as they were utter shit and a bit of a one album wonder.

I remain convinced that after four days of drink, drugs and no sleep that a Little Chef Olympic breakfast and a pot of tea on the way home saved my life
Burger King Double Whopper with Cheese cleanses all sins.

Then a good cry on the way home.

I'm expecting them to line up like this...

VrTPt4i.png

Sons record against West Ham:
10 games. 4 goals. 6 assists.

Bales record against West Ham:
5 games. 3 goals.

Kane record against West Ham:
12 games. 9 goals. 1 assist.

They're fucked.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lloris<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>Aurier>><<Alderweireld><Sanchez>><<Reguilon<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hojbjerg<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>Ndombele>><<Bale>><<LoCelso<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kane>>><<<Son<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hoping for that.

Balls to all this 'let us not be too confident eh squire' crap!

After the Man Utd thrashing, I've been waiting two weeks for this one. It's about time we got to see the boys play again and, just in case you missed it, Bale should be playing a part.

It's West Ham. I'm walking on air salivating at the thought of smashing them!

As long as Jose and the players are professional then we can be as confident as we like!

Bring on Sunday!

:tobyarm: :balescream::kanegoal::lamelaaghh::mourfinger:

I went back in 2001, Bowie, Moby, Perfect Circle, Elastica, Muse, Toploader, Nine Inch Nails, Chemical Brothers, Cyprus Hill, Ocean Colour scene, David Grey, Pet Shop boys. Fucking amazing lineup for just about every musical taste, and as I like everything from classical to metal to pop I loved it.
Shame about Travis headlining the main stage as they were utter shit and a bit of a one album wonder.

I remain convinced that after four days of drink, drugs and no sleep that a Little Chef Olympic breakfast and a pot of tea on the way home saved my life

That's a good vintage. Never done Glastonbury but done Reading a stack. Now listening to Moby (cheers). Hate Travis also.

Balls to all this 'let us not be too confident eh squire' crap!

After the Man Utd thrashing, I've been waiting two weeks for this one. It's about time we got to see the boys play again and, just in case you missed it, Bale should be playing a part.

It's West Ham. I'm walking on air salivating at the thought of smashing them!

As long as Jose and the players are professional then we can be as confident as we like!

Bring on Sunday!

:tobyarm: :balescream::kanegoal::lamelaaghh::mourfinger:

Fuck it! alright then!

:tobyarm:

It's on you if we lose though!
:eriksenserious:

I imagine The Moyesiah won't be playing a high line. Important to use the guile of GLC to pass through their bank of 10 to get a lead and then hit them on the break with Son and Moura, and Kane's exquisite No 10 passing.

1-0 (Dawson, o.g.)

We know from past that Bale likes to wander around and find space for himself. If Kane can drop deep and roll out passes to Son and Bale we are looking REALLY dangerous.
We also have Vinne as well to bring on, i wonder if we will ever see a front 3 of Vinne, bale and Son with Kane dropping deep if we are chasing a goal?
Would be scary for teams trying to defend against that! I'm just a little worried that with our attacking Fullbacks pushed high up as well in that kind of situation it would be quite easy for teams to counter against us, so would need Hjojberg on form to break up any counters before they start.

It's not about being too confident. It's about not being switched on, pumped up and ready to work for the win.
Moyes is back in the dug out. They will set up camp in their own half and make it hard for us.
It's easy scoring 6 against United, they had no defence and no attack. West Ham will dig in. And if we fuck around passing side to side and back to the keeper, we'll never score.

I remember that horrible, horrible 1-1 at Wembley when they didn't leave their half and Moyes was telling them off for coming out of their half. I think their goal was such a long ranger it was practictally on the halfway line.

Back
Top Bottom