Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not about being too confident. It's about not being switched on, pumped up and ready to work for the win.
Moyes is back in the dug out. They will set up camp in their own half and make it hard for us.
It's easy scoring 6 against United, they had no defence and no attack. West Ham will dig in. And if we fuck around passing side to side and back to the keeper, we'll never score.

I remember that horrible, horrible 1-1 at Wembley when they didn't leave their half and Moyes was telling them off for coming out of their half. I think their goal was such a long ranger it was practictally on the halfway line.

I think an important key to a bus parking team is Reguilon. How many times have we seen it head up the left via Davies only for him to pass back.

I think it was against Newcastle he was right on the edge of the box and managed to clear it all the way back towards the half way line.

I wonder who will be fit to start after the international "break".

[FORMATION=4231, Lloris, Aurier, Dier, Alderweireld, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lucas, Lamela, Son, Kane][/FORMATION]

Bench
Hart, Doherty, Davies, Winks, Lo Celso, Bale, Vinicius

I suspect Reguilon and Dier's injuries aren't actually that bad and will be able to play. If not then Sanchez can play but he will have to come all the way from Chile so Ideally we would rest him. Wrap GLC in cotton wool to start him on the bench, reckon his injury isn't that bad either but don't want him to get a long term injury.

It would surprise and disappoint me. Shut up you tit. We're playing West Ham not Barcelona. As much as I don't think it will be a 'walk in the park', I don't expect us to be going in at half time a goal or two down. Simple as that.

How many West Ham players have been on international duty, unable to train with their squad and travelling around the world picking up corona virus?

Davies/Doherty played 3 x 90 mins in 7 days. Holberg 2 x 90.

Sergio, Dier, Lo Celso, Bergjwin potentially injured

Mourinho will know we are not 100% and will set up accordingly.

How many West Ham players have been on international duty, unable to train with their squad and travelling around the world picking up corona virus?

Davies/Doherty played 3 x 90 mins in 7 days. Holberg 2 x 90.

Sergio, Dier, Lo Celso, Bergjwin potentially injured

Mourinho will know we are not 100% and will set up accordingly.

Sergio isn't injured.

Lo Celso and Bergwijn didn't even travel with their international teams due to injury.

Dier, we aren't really any clearer on, sounds to me like Mourinho got in someone's ear and pulled him.

We lucked out this time.

But to answer your question. The Czech Republic team got hit pretty bad with coronavirus. And Soucek and Coufal are two West Ham starting players from that country and both played 180 minutes in the last 4 days.

Their starting left back Masuaku got a knee injury and Rice played 165 minutes in the last 4 days.

We'll be fine. We have a big squad now. If Dier isn't fit? Toby Alderwiereld will come in. Doherty and Davies played 3 sets of 90 minutes? Cool. They didn't even start against Utd so keeping fit is crucial.

Tottenham is currently on form, everyone in beast mode and world class players in the team, we are under pressure to win this match.
West Ham are the underdogs, are expected to lose against Spurs so no pressure on them.
The break has put a pause our hot run.
As a relatively new fan, this match is making me very nervous.

Tottenham is currently on form, everyone in beast mode and world class players in the team, we are under pressure to win this match.
West Ham are the underdogs, are expected to lose against Spurs so no pressure on them.

This break has put a pause on West Hams little run too 😊

It's not about being too confident. It's about not being switched on, pumped up and ready to work for the win.
Moyes is back in the dug out. They will set up camp in their own half and make it hard for us.
It's easy scoring 6 against United, they had no defence and no attack. West Ham will dig in. And if we fuck around passing side to side and back to the keeper, we'll never score.

I remember that horrible, horrible 1-1 at Wembley when they didn't leave their half and Moyes was telling them off for coming out of their half. I think their goal was such a long ranger it was practictally on the halfway line.
This will be the first of many I will be watching together with my newborn son!
Congratulations x

Think I need to visit Iceland soon. Could you show me around? Maybe take me to the famous hot springs? :wanyama:

Back
Top Bottom