Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last thing we need is kneejerking. Awful team performance but should now give them some incentive to show a bit more passion. Sandro back in please

Last week when only got a point against Chavs, people were panicking that we are this, we are that ... blah blah blah.

That was not the time to panic.
We did decent comparing against a regular top 4 team with so much cash. Plus, others that week lost too.

The time to panic is in situations like freakin today!
We were home ... and we lost.
It's a team that we should beat ... and we lost.
It's a week when others won ... and we lost.
And so on...

We only have scored 6 goals all season in the PL, and that should be a cause to panic.
This is not knee-jerking or whatever you call it ... it's called being realistic and not getting carried away.

I don't know about you guys, but for me the first thing is first... start playing our record signing!
Yes it's nice to give him EL games, but for ffs, playing against shity EL teams is not the same thing as PL teams.

The other big thing that bugs me so much is ... where the heck is our CDM?!
Last season, we were crying when we lost our CDM's, and this season we are not even playing them?

FFS, we have 2 great CDM's in Sandro and Capoue. Play one of them!!!
Sandro was almost our player of the season last year.
And I think he has already got a plenty of time getting back to shape.

The point is I want to see BOTH Lamela and Sandro starting games SOON.

Today has proved how many CUNTS I have a) on my social media accounts and b) how many cunts are on this forum.

Getting at the manager after this is not what we do and not what AVB deserves. A tragic result today, however, we move on. That's all we can do

Listen everyone, Chelsea won the fucking Champions League playing like West Ham today beating the likes of Barca and Bayern whilst stumbling along in the league. Sometimes it happens. I've seen so many hilarious "such and such HAS TO START from now on" comments on here its unreal, just look all all the different opinions to tell you its not that simple.

Today West Ham gambled on being able to block us out and hit us with a set piece or a counter. If Defoe had scored one of his early chances they would never have got in the game (highly unlikely anyway) they didn't have any way of coming out of that ultra defensive anti-football at that point. We chased the game at 1-0 and got caught on the break, it happens.

For me, the lack of goalscoring chances is a bit of a worry and personally, I think Soldado will struggle for some time yet, I also think a lot of fans got carried away with our signings and results so far but we are only 3 points off the top, lets not act like its the end of the world just yet eh?

Let's look at the half full situation...

Year after year, almost every season we tend to lose right before the international break.
However....
When we come back, we usually go on this crazy winning/undefeated streak.

It's like the team has made this trend into the annual kick-in-the-ass wake-up call period.

Let's just hope it happens again. :coys:

obviously from my part of the world, there's load of Wet Spammers around here. The ones I know are very subdued, and don't understand why I'm not assuming we're not going to walk it. Been there too many times to take a win for granted. We can bombard the goal without actually scoring, hit the post/bar/side netting, goalie has a blinder, ref has a stinker, they score from their only chance, the scenarios are endless and we have seen them all!!

West Ham have had just 14 shots on target in the league this season. Spurs surpassed this tally in their third game.

Spurs have attempted more shots from open play than any other side in the League (69), thanks Andros.

Only Roma's Morgan De Sanctis (91%) has a better saves to shot ratio than Hugo Lloris (89%) of all regular goalkeepers in the top five European Leagues so far.

No side has played in more 0-0 draws in the Prem since the start of last season than West Ham (stoke also have 7)

Spurs have touched the ball 159 times in the opposition box this season; more often than any other side.

Spurs have lost only one of their last 16 Prem games at WHL.

Everything points to a boring 0-0!!!!! COYS

I'm sorry but a good striker opens up space for the players behind him pulling defenders about in an intelligent manner. Jermaine "offside" Defoe is fuckn awful when it comes to intelligent movement. He can pack his gimpy little I have nothin to prove bag up and fuck right off back to whatever midtable team will take him. He's not top 4 quality and he's becoming an increasingly mouthy git of late.

I think this is a bit of a reality check - the way people were predicting a whalloping for West Ham today made me thing they would get a 1-0 or a 1-1 draw. I still think a lot of people - mainly spurs fans have got a bit carried away with our signings and our start this season. Against teams who sit back against us we still dont have enough about us to trouble teams at the moment, we dont create a lot of goalscoring opportunities and some slack defending and then chasing the game has made the result look like a battering from west ham but thats not really the case.

I'm more worried about the fact we dont trouble the opposition enough at the moment.

Also, International break now - great.

I remember after going out of the europa league last year I let loose at the likes of Adebayor amongst others and was neg repped and told 'supporting spurs is not about winning' suddenly all those pathetic cunts seem to have vanished and now we've got knee jerky wankers in their place :avbcringe:

I think AVB picked Defoe today to prove a point... I genuinely do!
Expect Soldado to start every Premiership game from now on... and if Defoe don't like it, tough shit... just show him a re-run of todays' game!

John Hartson, Paul Merson and the rest of the BBC/SSN pundits don't pick the Spurs team, based on some casual Jingoism...
AVB does, and today, he listened to the Insglish Media 'Experts'... and look where the fuck it got us!
(not that Defoe was solely to blame... all them uvver foreign Nancies were just as bad innit?)
Now then bitch, where's me pickled whelks an' pie, mash an' Liquor??

Back
Top Bottom