Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte can't make Sessegnon cross like a human 2x in the first 5 minutes or not get destroyed against Saka like he did. He can't tell Dier anymore to step out once in a while for a challenge. He can't make Son improve his touch. He can't even replace the players mentioned above because their replacements aren't as good/have just come from injury.
But he can not pick them to start there fucking shit

And the Conte thread should be quiet?
The football matches are down to conte. His had a load of player bought for him. Brighton’s team yday cost £31M. It’s not just about money. The guy earns £15M / yr but has shown no coaching quality. What coach can oversea letting in 2 goals per game and not scoring a goal in the first half for god knows how many games. Then the actual style of football is no better than Nuno and Jose. Don’t let anyone say otherwise. It’s the sane tactics to varying degrees of success. Which is doily based on kane pulling something out of the bag. Look at Portsmouth game last week. If Kane didn’t score that great goal where was the goal coming from?

Conte plays bad football which is exacerbated by bad players

If we gave him the players he needs to win, yeah he might get us a couple of trophies in the end, but will the eye watering football and huge transfer fees on 30 year olds be worth it?

I think we tried something and it didn’t work, it was never a good fit, let’s cut our losses and try and salvage something from this season with someone who is more progressive and can start building a long term side

You see this is never satisfied because with Conte and those who have no context will always defer to this argument.

Conte has no Kante here and there aren't many of that ilk full stop.

Who in that Woolwich midfield would look the same in a midfield 2?

Conte should be more adaptable and by being so rigid it just makes our players look worse than I think they are.

Last edited:
But he can not pick them to start there fucking shit
Who can he pick then? Would Perisic be able to keep up with Saka? Would he start Richarlison just as he came from injury because our medical staff is a bunch of morons? Would you prefer that he starts Sanchez instead of Dier? It's easy to spout nonsense in a football forum, but what the fuck can he do with this squad? Who the fuck can he play?

Ok fine but then we start from scratch. We get say Poch back but don’t get him the players we need, the football turns crap, we sack Poch for a second time. Then get someone else. Board is crap, they need to go before the manager.
I totally agree, I want Enic out more than anything

But also conte is showing he has no plan b, can’t react to anything that’s happening on the pitch and plays brain melting football

I’m bored of it, Mourinho, Nuno and conte. We’ve been a nightmare to watch for 4 years now

Think I'll order a curry in and purge my misery with overwhelming waves of spice.

200w.gif

Conte can't make Sessegnon cross like a human 2x in the first 5 minutes or not get destroyed against Saka like he did. He can't tell Dier anymore to step out once in a while for a challenge. He can't make Son improve his touch. He can't even replace the players mentioned above because their replacements aren't as good/have just come from injury.
But he can work on a formation that suits the players we have. Change things in game that could help us. He watched sess been torn apart for 72 min and changed nothing. Watched son again for full game.
Unless youre pep you dint get every player you want so you work with what you have

Back
Top Bottom