Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My early morning flub of the away goal rule yesterday aside (you're welcome for the comedy), I am stoked for this game.

It's could be season defining, even defining for our clubs identity as a whole.

So stoked.

Absolutely pulsing for this game when can I knock of work. Can I go the lash this lunchtime in prep. I really want us to go deep in this comp. If we can win this CL suddenly the whole narrative of the club changes overnight. We will be returning to white Hart Lane in London's biggest club ground. We'll be the biggest club in London. Can we just skip Tuesday and pile into Wednesday already come on you Spurs #coys

Really pumped for this but also completely shitting it!

A lot of the team is self selected.

Lloris

Trippier Sanchez Vertonghen XXXXX

XXXXX Dembele

XXXX Alli Eriksen

Kane

Realistically Davies and Dier take the first two spots? It was interesting though that both played on sat. I thought Rose did well vs Rochdale but obv the standard of opposition is massively different. I miss the Vic of last season. Absolute powerhouse, breaking up play, holding the ball well, passing it well he’s just not there yet this year so Dier nailed on for me.

The forward position I want to be Son. He deserves it and I want us to go at them and run at their ageing defence. I fear Poch will go for Lamela for a couple of reasons 1. He’s snide, he’ll tactically foul, he’ll get in their faces and he’ll make a fight of it, 2. He knows Italian football and started the first leg in Turin, and 3. Trippier will be up against Costa and will need help and someone to track back, Lamela is much more likely than Son to do this.

Son makes my team for wed. Just not sure about Poch

He came back last week. Fully fit Guido
I think he's more important that Dybala, who is brilliant. We got back against them as a direct result of us dominating them in midfield, his presence will make it harder for us to dominate the midfield in the same way. Not impossible, as we have dominated strong midfields recently but it will be a bigger battle.

When we played them it looked like we wore them out, think that will be to our favour again on the big Wembley pitch, they were blowing out of their backsides in the 2nd half like a punch drunk boxer, hopefully Matuidi isn't still match fit and will struggle physically.

We got back into the game because we dominated their midfield, Matuidi will make that much harder this time around, whilst Dybala is brilliant, if they don't have any control in midfield then they will not be able to get the ball to Dybala and/or support him.

They're gonna be at full strength AREN'T they...?
And having had the weekend 'off' (albeit for tragic circumstances)

I assume they'll do a minutes' silence/applause pre-match??

We're gonna have to be bang on it from the off... and not let any emotion, or the occasion cloud our targets...

I say go for the win, and if we fall short, a low scoring draw will see us through...
But 'just' going for a draw could see us come unstuck.

They're gonna be at full strength AREN'T they...?
And having had the weekend 'off' (albeit for tragic circumstances)

I assume they'll do a minutes' silence/applause pre-match??

We're gonna have to be bang on it from the off... and not let any emotion, or the occasion cloud our targets...

I say go for the win, and if we fall short, a low scoring draw will see us through...
But 'just' going for a draw could see us come unstuck.

They played a couple of hours after us.

Is it possible this has been a bit fudged in translation and that he was actually saying "Tottenham Hotspur are different compared to Lazio, they [Lazio] do not defend as well"?

" il Tottenham difende meno bene della Lazio e questa vittoria ci dà una bella spinta: dovremo essere bravi e fortunati" ha evidenziato Allegri.

It's not.

There's a thing whereby a returning player has a very good first match and then plays nowhere near that level in his second game back. Happens in rugby as well. Dybala and Matuidi. Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom