Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton and Hove Albion | FA Cup 4th Round | Saturday 5 Feb | 8pm KO | FFS Boris Extend HS2 to Brighton TFC has transport issues

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

40 years ago on Sunday, 6th February:
West Stand officially opens, and we thumped Wolves 6-1...

...just sayin'!

Nothing to do with the game tomorrow... other than good omens for this weekend!

...bizarrely, it's the same date at the Munich Air disaster (albeit 23 years later)
.... maybe not such good omens for some, after all!

Really looking forward to this now. It’s a low pressure game vs league and I think Brighton are a nice team to play against. I’ve grumbled about the KO time but the plus side to being on my own is that I’ll watch the rugby with a few beers, watch the football with a few beers, and hopefully be in a good place to drunkenly abuse my Scottish and Brighton friends at the end of the day.

Still sad that Gilly has gone mind.

:harrysmile:
Sounds like an ideal day!

I'd probably complain if I knew what "100% sport on" meant.

:contefacepalm2:
It's like "Get your SPORT on" ...as in; to be ready!

Just looked it up on the OED... seems a legit term:

FROM THE OED:
sport on
/spɔːt/on
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...2ahUKEwjb2c79_-X1AhUXi1wKHcNnBLwQ3eEDegQIFBAH
See definitions in:
Sport on

noun

1. 1.
    an activity involving physical exertion on and skill on in which an individual or team competes against another or on others for entertainment.
    "team sports on such as football and rugby"

Similar:
    (competitive) game(s) on
    physical recreation on
    physical activity on
    physical exercise on
    pastime on

INFORMAL
    a person who behaves in a good or specified way in response to teasing, defeat, or a similarly trying situation on.
    "go on, be a sport on!"
verb
1:1.
wear on or display on (a distinctive item).
"he was sporting on a huge handlebar hard-on"

Similar:
wear on
display on
exhibit on
have on show on
show off on
flourish on

play on in a lively, energetic way.
"the children sported on in the water"

Similar:
play on
have fun on
amuse oneself on
entertain oneself on
enjoy oneself on
divert oneself on
frolic on
gambol on
frisk on
romp on
cavort on
caper on
lark about on
parade on
flaunt on

Yup, seems fine to use in this way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just been told that the last and possible only other time we kicked off on a Saturday night was the champions league final. Hope that settles everyone's nerves

Last edited by a moderator:
40 years ago on Sunday, 6th February:
West Stand officially opens, and we thumped Wolves 6-1...

...just sayin'!

Nothing to do with the game tomorrow... other than good omens for this weekend!

...bizarrely, it's the same date at the Munich Air disaster (albeit 23 years later)
.... maybe not such good omens for some, after all!

Worse thing tottenham ever did. Hated that stand. Only moving to Stratford could surpass it in shiteness

*spot on...

As in completely, undeniably true that those 3 will not be on the scoresheet and so totally reasonable to disagree with.
It's just possible that the original gag has gone over your head somewhat, sport

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom