Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City. May 1st, Sunday – 2 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But that's going back to the hope that the opposition are worse than we are...
A 'few missed tackles & mistakes' are what cost you in the PL... remember the cliché? "Every mistake is punished in the PL"
WE CAN'T AFFORD TO MAKE ANY!

But neither were we when we signed him... It was a perfect fit at the time!
The Cloggers XI

How can you be so arrogantly sure of that?

We haven't scored in consecutive games against Brighton & Brentford....

Leiectser wouldn't have to do much to 'outscore' that!

....but if you're sure they won't score a single goal (which in the past 2 games would've been enough to beat us), then I admire your belief!

We need to score more than THEY do.... Not the other way round.

We haven't had s shot on target in 180 minutes, so Declaring so confidently that 'they won't score more than us' is naive at best!
Wow, go you with the positive vibes.
I'm happy to accept that the last 2 teams had nothing to offer except an obdurate defensive and cautious approach. Leicester typically don't play that way but may have to, due to fatigue,

They also have a much less effective forward line than we do, so it's not arrogance of what we are capable of, at worst - a misguided belief that we can't play that badly 3 times in a row.
I'm neither arrogant or naive - I am well aware of this club's proclivity for machine gunning itself in both feet, but I'm a proud supporter of the club, and don't feel the need to run it down at every post I make - in an effort to audition for a job with Sky or the BBC to be an Uber analytical football pundit.
Sue me.

spursvleicester.jpg

Gollini, Reguilon, Emerson, Sanchez, Rodon, Winks, White, Lucas, Scarlett

Leicester drew their home leg against Roma 1-1 with the 2nd leg in middle of next week.

This was their side :
  • 1 Schmeichel
  • 21 Ricardo Pereira
  • 3 Fofana
  • 6 Evans
  • 27 Castagne (Sub Justin 21'mins)
  • 10 Maddison
  • 8 Tielemans
  • 22 Dewsbury-Hall (Booked 26mins)
  • 11 Albrighton (Sub Barnes 62'mins)
  • 9 Vardy (Booked 59mins) (Sub Iheanachoat 62'mins)
  • 37 Lookman (Sub Pérezat 84'mins)

Looks like they were mainly trying to rest wing backs - although James Justin needed to come on after 21 mins). I'd guess Justin will start against us with Thomas as other wb who stayed on bench all match.

Also rested Barnes and a couple of others.

Wonder if they want to put out a good team in 2nd leg against Roma to try to win the tie ?

I'm hopeful that the attraction for Leicester of getting to their first ever european final (games against Roma is the semi final) means they need to keep something in reserve for the 2nd leg....... so can't afford to play at a high tempo against us

Back
Top Bottom