Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 28/01, 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reeks of ineptitude right?
I don't wanna sound smug butnive had peters from some people for saying that in some games his formation, personnel, tactics and subs were inept. And it's happened again.
It has happened like 6-7 times this season, it´s no coincidence. But i guess we can´t afford to sack him :mourcheeks:
With an Offensive-minded coach we would probably had at least 8-9 more points, and i´m not even joking

Look, we thought we had the lead. Once kane came off it was rough. But for all you who want to blame Jose, the players were shit. We made big time mistakes. Don't tell me you didn't think we were super dangerous first half. I was confident.

Is it Jose's fault Dier let's a ball go through for a tap in? Is it Jose's fault Lloris puts a ball to someone's feet? Is it his fault Rodon takes a horrible touch and gives maybe a freebie?

I get that he starts the players who make the mistakes but it's very obvious,...we need 1 or 2 quality CB and an RB.

The reason this one hurts is because the players let us down. Made horrible mistakes. Liverpool were there for the taking

Who said we should have scored 15?
Wait.....are you saying that tactics decide if a player fluffs a chance?

Are you saying we could not have possibly scored ONE more of our 15 shots because of Jose?

I really, really want to believe in what Mou is doing... but this was utter shit. Pathetic performance given the strength of our squad. No real ambition. Not playing to our monumental attacking strengths. No clever defensive set up. Just a load of old rubbish. The guys hasn’t got a clue and we’re being taken for mugs. Harry, BMJ and Poch were all so much better than this. In one of the worst EPL seasons in terms of quality, and we’re languishing in mid table. Utter gash all round. Fuck off you outdated Chav cunt.

Or Bale and Lucas who can both play there and would be perfect running on to balls behind the backline that we were trying all the time

instead we got Winks and Lamela at 1-0 down

Audere Est Facere my fucking arse

Mourinho surrenders any initiative in games.
Let's opposition teams play with the ball and constantly attack while we hope for a smash and grab.
Naturally with the team constantly attacking us something will give an error mistake.
Occasionally we grab a lucky victory say Man city in most cases it's useless against good teams.
He's incapable of adjusting to the modern game and we seem stuck with this. Nothing changes as he knows no other way.

And puts on a player who let's be honest has been pretty much a failure for the 8 years he's been here.

Unless Jose thinks 16 goals in 8 years and 161 games is good.

He's to blame mate for his turd defensive football. He allows teams too constantly keep possession so they constantly attack at will.
Defensive errors will always occur under such pressure.
He is incapable of changing.

@elmagnifico Crockett Crockett
Yeah...not inept at all in this game...oh wait...that's another game he has been inept in. Racks up doesn't it.

8 hours since they last scored a league goal, and we literally gift wrap 3 of them.

And we wonder why other clubs supporters call us Spursy or bottle jobs.

I popped on Red and White Kop earlier and some geezer was trying to calm down their melters on there with "lads its Tottenham"

Lads, its still Tottenham, same fucking bottle jobs.

nothing changes. Hard to look your Liverpool mates in the eyes you've just gotta laugh and say "yeah we always bottle the big games"

Even fucking Burnley kept this lot out at home.
What is it at the core of the club though that means it persists? Everything at the club can change players, manager but still it prevails. I normally swerve this place altogether for a couple of days after a defeat but I just can't get my head around how we can throw such an abject performance like that in. I'm not singling our Lloris because pretty much to a man we were fucking dreadful. But what for example makes a GK of his quality come up with errors like that when he has been so solid all season. It just baffles me. But it will never ever change.

Someone disagreed with me when I said Dier is a shit defender
Me too.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid normally a good poster. Just don't see what people see in Dier at CB.

The only defence I have for him is that he is playing LCB and not RCB.

But if he isn't good enough for DM and making errors at CB which get highlighted more because there is no one to bail him out where does he fit in.

I'm sure he only plays because Jose thinks he's a warrior and up for a fight as eluded to in the amazon doc. Doesn't take into account the ability to play football.

I think Jose got his pants pulled down by a really good team who found a bit of form. We set up tactically and it went south. Different formations with different players and our above average squad got found out. That's what I honestly think.
I’m just seriously wounded by how fucking crap this season is turning out. Sorry.

Look, we thought we had the lead. Once kane came off it was rough. But for all you who want to blame Jose, the players were shit. We made big time mistakes. Don't tell me you didn't think we were super dangerous first half. I was confident.

Is it Jose's fault Dier let's a ball go through for a tap in? Is it Jose's fault Lloris puts a ball to someone's feet? Is it his fault Rodon takes a horrible touch and gives maybe a freebie?

I get that he starts the players who make the mistakes but it's very obvious,...we need 1 or 2 quality CB and an RB.

The reason this one hurts is because the players let us down. Made horrible mistakes. Liverpool were there for the taking
Whose fault is the formation? Whose fault are the tactics? Whose fault is the right back Doherty playing left wing back? Whose fault were the subs?

Yes there were errors and lack of fight on behalf of the players but seems like we start too many games on back foot thanks to Jose. Just my opinion

It has happened like 6-7 times this season, it´s no coincidence. But i guess we can´t afford to sack him :mourcheeks:
With an Offensive-minded coach we would probably had at least 8-9 more points, and i´m not even joking
Don't agree. Our players aren't good enough. Plain and simple. Look at the mistakes. It doesn't matter who is in charge, you make those mistakes, you lose games

There's no way we should have went to a back two in the second half.

At least in the first half we a little more solidity and more threat on the counter thus creating more chances.

Once we changed the formation, we looked totally spineless through the middle. Admittedly Kanes injury played a role in that too as did Ndombele being way too far forward to influence the game.

I wasn't one of the deluded fans who thought we had a chance at the title, but at the moment im beginning to doubt our ability to finish in the top 4.

Big managers find solutions and Jose is supposed to be one of the biggest names around. He needs to fix this up and get us top 4 or risk the possibility of being sacked at the end of the season.

No chance of top 4 in my opinion. Yep we’ll probably beat Brighton next up and things will seem ok again but in any big games we play like cowards and try to park the bus against players who 9 games out of 10 have the ability to unlock our fragile defence. We had 3 shots today

Back
Top Bottom