Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 28/01, 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dinosaur football manager along with some absolutely soulless players and thats the shit you get

Out with Dier, Doherty, Dele, Winks, Lamela, Lucas, Sanchez, Gedson and Mourinho. Fuck them all.

Turned off the bullshit show when Dier decided to hit in the brakes before their first goal. What a fucking idiot. Have to employ him because he is English. Two moments in his career - thats his debut goal and the freekick for the national team. Apart from that, an extremely abysmal football player

Agree. Fucking shameful sub choice. Can't convey how awful and stupid a decision it was.
I think it made sense on paper: Coco runs a load so could go RW with Berg left and Sonny CF; Winks would go to in front of the back 4 with PEH and free up N’Dombele to bridge back to front.

Unfortunately, there was a collective brain fart and we were awful second half.

Top 4 seems a very long way away right now.

EL? Huge ask if we don't start playing an awful lot better.

Can't believe the season will probably boil down to a League Cup final. Against a team who have been playing approx 9,000 times better than fucking Pool.

Grim.

Positives: Hojbjerg, great player. Ndombele, outstanding effort levels and quality. Rodon was pretty good until he made an awful mistake for their third goal. Bergwijn played a decent game.

There are too many negatives to list. Very clear now that several players are just not up to scratch. Above all else, I really hope Harry has avoided serious injury to his ankle.

But we knew that and instead took a gamble on bale who I think should start or come on for Harry but agree he has taken too long to get fit so was a pointless signing. Vini another. Keeping Dele another that should have gone last summer and just get a player you trust and want to use. Apart from hojbjerg we've not improved the team at all and kept the same shit from the previous season

Mourinho isn’t free of blame tonight, baffling substitutions and absolutely zero strategy to our play

But it’s hardly his fault that Lloris gave them 2 goals and Rodon gave them 1

Players and management were all to blame equally

I wanted to give Doherty a bit of time before judging him but it’s plain to see that he is so out of his depth in pretty much every aspect, physicality, technique, reading the game

Is there any point having Vinicius? Just send him back and save on the wages ffs. Our striker gets injured so we bring on 2 midfielders instead of our backup striker, unfathomable
Disagree, yeah defensive errors were a big part of the problem, but Jose is equally to blame.

Why did Mourinho play Doherty out of position 1st half when we can't even have a half decent game in his own position?
Why did he then take off Aurier who was having an ok game and switch Doherty who had already passed the ball straight to Salah at least four times in the 1st half alone?
Why bring on Winks and Lamela at half time?
Why no Alderweirald in such a big game?

I knew we were getting tonked when I saw the team and said as much.

if Reggy is out injured and you have no other left winger, here's an idea Jose revert to a 4 and play Davies at fucking fullback.

It was negative again, 3 fucking shots on goal all game against a defence featuring a rookie and Jordan Henderson.

I said before the game, every fucking time there's a do or die game, those around us have lost, we can go top, must-win, the league is in the balance, however you want to frame it, we bottle it. It's been like that as long as I can remember - I'm thinking back to when we lost the league to Everton at the Lane in 87 was it? I nearly had a fight with my best mate who's a Hammer on the Shelf. It's one of the things that most sets us apart from our rivals - yes, all of them - who don't fold anything like as much as we do, not historically I mean. Doesn't matter the players, the manager or the chairman, it's like its interwoven into our DNA

Mourinho surrenders any initiative in games.
Let's opposition teams play with the ball and constantly attack while we hope for a smash and grab.
Naturally with the team constantly attacking us something will give an error mistake.
Occasionally we grab a lucky victory say Man city in most cases it's useless against good teams.
He's incapable of adjusting to the modern game and we seem stuck with this. Nothing changes as he knows no other way.

We play like Burnley with better forwards but as worse back line.

Some of you need to chill .. Liverpool are a very good team and their main players were firing. I don’t see how a young unproven manager is going to help things whatsoever, hate to say it but we need Jose’s experience now more than ever.

I’m just gutted that Kane is probably out for a long while.
This is exactly the kind apologetic bullshit permeating through our club that needs stamping out!

Our players were fucking shite, our manager was fucking shite, and for the last 20 years our owners have been fucking shite.

So long as we keep accepting performances like this, we'll keep getting performances like this

I think it made sense on paper: Coco runs a load so could go RW with Berg left and Sonny CF; Winks would go to in front of the back 4 with PEH and free up N’Dombele to bridge back to front.

Unfortunately, there was a collective brain fart and we were awful second half.
Well, when Porch was our manager, our attacking ability was just fine even without Kane.
Eriksen/Alli is out, but we still got Ndombele/Hojbjerg.
So whos the problem now?

Back
Top Bottom