Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 28/01, 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Es2fDF8W4AMLU7_

Jose should be fired just for the Lamela sub. But it seems the players aren't even playing for him, so many mistakes and lack of leadership. Just blow it all up and start from scratch

Mourinho isn’t free of blame tonight, baffling substitutions and absolutely zero strategy to our play

But it’s hardly his fault that Lloris gave them 2 goals and Rodon gave them 1

Players and management were all to blame equally

I wanted to give Doherty a bit of time before judging him but it’s plain to see that he is so out of his depth in pretty much every aspect, physicality, technique, reading the game

Is there any point having Vinicius? Just send him back and save on the wages ffs. Our striker gets injured so we bring on 2 midfielders instead of our backup striker, unfathomable

Do you honestly think tonight was anything better than collective bed wetting?
We were fucking shit. More shit than a team that barely scores these days.
We were fucking awful.
Like it or lump it.
it was dreadful getting another fisting by that lot.
I think Jose got his pants pulled down by a really good team who found a bit of form. We set up tactically and it went south. Different formations with different players and our above average squad got found out. That's what I honestly think.

Clearly you will get the Mourinho bashers, its a field day for them, end of the day the goals came from dreadful defensive mistakes, why is no1 shouting to rodon mane is there? Why is loris not commanding that area to get the ball, why is dier kicking it clear?

We looked sharp and gave a great threat in the first half then let in a stupid goal, after that we are chasing the game...

The main gripes i can say is why put on lamela instead of bale when kane is injured..

But you cant defend poor players that are not good enough against better opposition.. until we get a proper cb in we cant challenge for the title..

Win the game in hand and were only 4 points away from united, lose to Chelsea and not beat brighton then i think top 4 is even over.

So, this time last year José was constantly bitching and moaning about how he didn’t have a striker to come in and replace the injured Kane. Tonight, Kane goes off injures at half time, and the leaves the striker on the bench for the duration.

Go figure.
And puts on a player who let's be honest has been pretty much a failure for the 8 years he's been here.

Unless Jose thinks 16 goals in 8 years and 161 games is good.

Jose should be fired just for the Lamela sub. But it seems the players aren't even playing for him, so many mistakes and lack of leadership. Just blow it all up and start from scratch
Maybe they should all decide which manager in the world they are prepared to play for... 'cos we're running out of options!

Our players can't continue to decide who they wanna play for (or not) what happened to playing for THEIR OWN PRIDE and honour? Or is that beneath them?

Kane out for a few weeks by all accounts... both ankles injured.
Fucking perfect end to a shit cunt of a night!

Doesn’t give me any pleasure but I said it here last night I have no confidence in this Spurs team under Mourinho and fully expected the Dippers to beat us. We’re going nowhere. It’s like the drift years of the late 1990’a even if we are in a slightly elevated 6th place in the table.

I really, really want to believe in what Mou is doing... but this was utter shit. Pathetic performance given the strength of our squad. No real ambition. Not playing to our monumental attacking strengths. No clever defensive set up. Just a load of old rubbish. The guys hasn’t got a clue and we’re being taken for mugs. Harry, BMJ and Poch were all so much better than this. In one of the worst EPL seasons in terms of quality, and we’re languishing in mid table. Utter gash all round. Fuck off you outdated Chav cunt.
Our strength of squad is a myth. Same players that have failed for the last 5 year with 1 or 2 exceptions

Mourinho isn’t free of blame tonight, baffling substitutions and absolutely zero strategy to our play

But it’s hardly his fault that Lloris gave them 2 goals and Rodon gave them 1

Players and management were all to blame equally

I wanted to give Doherty a bit of time before judging him but it’s plain to see that he is so out of his depth in pretty much every aspect, physicality, technique, reading the game

Is there any point having Vinicius? Just send him back and save on the wages ffs. Our striker gets injured so we bring on 2 midfielders instead of our backup striker, unfathomable
He's to blame mate for his turd defensive football. He allows teams too constantly keep possession so they constantly attack at will.
Defensive errors will always occur under such pressure.
He is incapable of changing.

You can’t excuse the tactics today. But then you also cannot begin to understand how a Tottenham side at home managed just 3 shots on goal ( that I recall )

How a Tottenham side at home managed to be out run and out battled on every single 50/50.

How a Tottenham side can fail to press in pairs.

And how Lloris can play like he has been on the piss again.

in the end. It’s unprofessional. That’s it.
This was the same Tottenham display that got spanked by Leicester. We literally have no tactics. Just hope Kane, Son and Tanguy have great days

Back
Top Bottom