Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Go back to September, it was obvious then that a midfield of Hojbjerg & Winks, supported by Royal would lose more games than they won.

Look back 6 weeks & a team with 9 of the same players, with winks and Hojbjerg again in the midfield, and recall a team that failed to break down a ten man Southampton side.

That we are here really is fucking tragic. And that performance tonight was very predictable, because the absolute minimum was done to sort this shit out, it is fury inducing.

where the money go ? you fucking thief. :levyeyes:
It's almost like THFC is a side project for Levy & co, and it's all about getting more NFL, and concerts at our stadium; I feel your frustation brother.

We can forget 4th. We didn't do enough in the transfer window. What a fucking shocking result.
This.

Everyone thinking we had a decent window because we got rid of bad eggs.

But we didn't get a RWB or a second striker. We end up throwing Romero forward in the end.

I said after the transfer window, our squad is shit. No game changers off the bench and worst of all the tactics are depent on wing backs. We still have a squad not suited for wing backs. I said every team will just let Emerson have the ball, he doesn't do anything with it.

Southampton played well, Sanchez had one of his customary dodgy games and with Emerson they were a liability. He has been doing better under Conte so I'm not going to slate him completely. Having Dier back will be good but not sure when that is.
These things happen from time to time, lets move onto the next game. We are not the pile of shit some would have you believe but we are a work in progress that has slip ups but are in general improving.
Shit happens, next game please.

First off, it has to be said, Southampton are a fucking tough side to play against. Outside of ManC they are the hardest pressing team in the PL - at least for the first 45 minutes of games. Outside of City they are the side I least enjoy playing against right now.

They do tend to run out of puff a bit second halves, but they are still are really tricky opponent, and if they had better quality footballers all over the pitch they would be duking it out up the 3-6th place IMO.

Everyone's bitching and whining about our defenders (me included), but tactically we should expect better from Conte than that first half - it's not like they didn't do exactly the same in the away game before they lost a man.

Generally speaking Conte's has improved what we are doing without the ball, but tonight we were shoddy and his selections and tactics didn't help. He should have started us in the 352, given us more ability to play out and pressure them when trying to play through us, he could then switch to 343 later of needed.

Second half they ran out puff, as the tend to do, and we got on top, scored a great goal, and then pissed it away with some really fucking lazy play, allowing JWP time and space twice to chuck in decent balls into our box, but we should be able to defend "crosses" better - generally we have been under Conte. All three goals our defenders - all of them - were fucking about.

I think on the balance of the chances/game a draw would have been fair (the X/G's agree 1.74 us v 1.73 them) but I can't grumble at losing either, the manner in which we lost control after taking the lead was piss poor.

Romero's great at charging out but I was less than impressed by some of his defending in our box. Davies, Sanchez, Emerson and Reguilon all did plenty of sloppy shit. So many times I see our defenders marking "space" not people in dangerous situations (and Dier's even worse for this). but make no mistake this is not just about defenders - it's about how we defended as a team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom