Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m as disappointed in our performance as I’m impressed with Southampton’s

Sometimes just sometimes you’d have to say the better team won and they deserved it.

I’ll leave the post mortem to the experts

We march on COYS!!!!

Can you imagine if he had stood off a lethal crosser like JWP, not once but twice in 3 minutes, like Bentancur did?

For the record, I thought Rodri was great apart from those two moments of slowness, but it seems that people actively like to blame their scapegoats and have a blind spot for others
Sorry, Winks turnover after our free kick that resulted in a 2 on 1 was a better scoring chance than allowing 2 crosses from 30+ yards out. Winks is just lucky his didn't turn into a goal.

I think around about this time 3 years ago poch said we needed a rebuild then he lost his rag at burnley after game. The reason...frustration. Here we are now and were saying we need a rebuild. Why didnt levy listen to poch instead of hiring loads of managers last 3 years. Think poch wanted rid of dier 3 years ago. We cant pin our hopes on dier ffs.

Shoot me down in flames but i thought winks did alright. Hoijberg and royal were garbage.
He was also garbage.

Shoot Rifle GIF by League of Legends

Something just wasnt right from the off today and that first half performance was abysmal.

Anyone who saw the game we played against Southampton a few weeks ago knows they have an aggressive press and work really hard - it's just inexcusable not to match that or have the desire to compete properly.

Time and again we just start games so poorly, work rates are low and the pace we play at is so slow.

Whether it's because the players are complacent thinking they would just roll southamptopn over or cant mentally cope with being talked up for top 4 - it's the same old mental issues with the team.

It clearly took a half time bollocking to improve in the second half but then in typical fashion the brainfarts occur and we mentally collapse.

Bentancur came on, fully fit and hit 2 or 3 passes of reasonable to good quality. In the same period on the pitch Winks hit the same amount/degree of passes and actually tackled people. Yet you declare him useless?

You need to close your prejudice down and actually try to understand what happened on the pitch

Their goals all came from poor and indecisive play in the centre of the penalty area, who was responsible for that area of the pitch tonight?
Our RHS and Emerson in particular was a dreadful burden on us and how we survived the 1st half onslaught was little short of a miracle.

Had Reggie scored in the first half, then the game would have been different, by and large he was poor and several opportunities emanated from his lack of concentration defensively.

Emerson was a liability, and he dragged Sanchez in to cover him leaving us with effectively 2 of our 3 central defenders to cover a mobile and fluid southampton attack.

What disappointed me most was Conte persevering with Emerson, who was a fart in a trance for most of the game, his ineptitude continually dragged our defence over to cover the overload, freeing up gaps in the centre that they capitalised on.

We had no cohesive attacking plan and relied entirely on the innovative skills of Moura and Kane, and Sonny's running and athleticism

Winks was not the problem tonight - the lack of Diers defensive nous and leadership was our biggest problem, that and Conte either being too proud to recognise his error in letting Emerson play on, or his determination to show the management that he's a defensive nightmare.

When Poch went, I wanted Hasenhuttl to take over, he has made a good team out of ordinary players. He would have made us better than Mourinho and Nuno, and I think tonight, he made Conte look a bit pedestrian as well.

You could've put Whichever coach you wanted there today. Our players, on the whole, just don't cut it. I think Conté regrets the day he believed Daniel Levy. I believe most agents have now learnt that lesson that is why we are not signing good players. Daniels reputation for being a hardass liar has caught up with him.

Emerson seems like a decent bloke … he wants to be good … I want him to be good … he’s not good

Winks… I’m just bored to tears of seeing this passenger offer fuck all game in game out

Hojbjerg…. As a 6 I thought he was decent … knew his job… wasn’t too shabby at it and had some leadership …. Asked to rotate between the 2 CMs… looks lost

Sánchez…. Wondered where he’d gone too… if you’re not technically sound… conditions like tonight will find you out

Davies … had a mare … happens

Sonny Lucas Harry…… can’t carry this many non performers on a regular basis

Davies: Yes he slipped before their first goal , but that was dealt with and the goal came from the second phase......
Yeah absolutely. The slip didn’t directly lead to their first goal. Royal again played a part. Why he let the ball fall across him is a fucking mystery. Situationally oblivious. I honestly wouldn’t mind if we paid another £20m to send him back.

You could've put Whichever coach you wanted there today. Our players, on the whole, just don't cut it. I think Conté regrets the day he believed Daniel Levy. I believe most agents have now learnt that lesson that is why we are not signing good players. Daniels reputation for being a hardass liar has caught up with him.
I'm not a Conte out idiot, but he chose to play Emerson over Doherty. If he chooses that again, he's digging his own grave.

Back
Top Bottom