Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland (away) 29/12/2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dempsey and Parker both looked bright in their appearances. I'd like to see Parker get a game soon and give Sandro a quick rest. Sandro is incredible and given everything for the club this year. At the halfway point he's my club player of the year.

Really am not swayed by the hate thrown at Adebayor. 21/23 passing today, but his aerial ability (again) in the box was poor. Still, I do think Mignolet deserves credit for both "sitters" Ade missed. I haven't looked at the first one again, but it looked like a terribly clumsy position in the first place. And for the second, Mignolet kicked out his leg for the save—precisely what you'd expect from a good goalkeeper, the type who'd shut out Man City, say.

He's been good at distributing the ball, I think, but we just remember the lack of goals. Perspective, folks.

He's never been a finisher, but he's missing easy chances, and in a game where we really needed a bit of breathing room, it's very annoying.

Today I've come to the conclusion that with just 4.8% projected growth, 3 full fledged civil wars, and 16 landlocked countries, I won't be investing in Africa.

Cool Adboards though.

If you don't go down, you will never get that kind of decision. Therefore if there's contact a player is bound to go down - when was the last time you saw a referee play advantage in the area? Never. For me the most frustrating part is that referees never accept the part they have had to play in that process.

Bale = no yellow card for me.

Jermain however... :defoe:

Of course it's a fucking foul. I don't give a shite if he falls the right way, that's not the law of the game. Doesn't mention falling, just fouling.

With the greatest of respect to anyone that disagrees with this being a foul, you must be blind, retarded or a fucking Gooner.
Defo pen, refs a CUNT.

Yeah, Bale was nudged in the back of the knee and slightly obstructed by an arm, but to the referee it looked like he could have kept going, instead he threw himself to the ground.

It doesn't matter if you're slightly 'clipped' Gareth, the referees aren't gonna give it because your history makes it look like you are looking for the slightest excuse to go down.

Having said that, next time Bale gets an ankle injury from a defender clipping him I hope Spurs sue the FA and referees for damages due to lack of protection and encouraging defenders to go in on Bale thinking they might get away with it more than with other players

Really am not swayed by the hate thrown at Adebayor. 21/23 passing today, but his aerial ability (again) in the box was poor. Still, I do think Mignolet deserves credit for both "sitters" Ade missed. I haven't looked at the first one again, but it looked like a terribly clumsy position in the first place. And for the second, Mignolet kicked out his leg for the save—precisely what you'd expect from a good goalkeeper, the type who'd shut out Man City, say.

He's been good at distributing the ball, I think, but we just remember the lack of goals. Perspective, folks.

Don't disagree, as I don't think he's been as awful as some, but he should have lifted the ball for the second, as all good finishers do, to prevent the keeper being able to poke out a toe. I think the first was actually harder as it was more split second after having to react to a defensive error.

Adebayor - the 'could have been' striker.

funny that his 99/100 chances that should be goals are only goals about 1/100 attempts (it appears to be so this season)
Cynical, much? You know Mignolet made a miraculous save off of Defoe's 99/100 today, too?

#unlucky #kneejerk

If Spurs are serious about CL on the reg..........

Need to bring a clinical striker who can also hold up the ball and work w/ the MF...........Defoe nor Ade can do both.........

Cynical, much? You know Mignolet made a miraculous save off of Defoe's 99/100 today, too?

#unlucky #kneejerk

I dont see it as a #kneejerk reaction.........

Ade has always stuggled w/ his finishing........this year he is being exposed since he doesn't have the same service as Modric / VDV.

Back
Top Bottom