Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland (away) 29/12/2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He hasn't been back very long.

Yes, but he was tearing those fuckers up before he was sent off.

Dude, I already said that his finishing lacks authority, but no, I disagree that there is a marked difference in his level of service. Modric and Rafa were class, but Rafa spent as much -- if not more -- time on the sidelines last season as he did on the pitch, and Dembele has filled Modric's shoes very, very nicely indeed.
Dembele still leaves something to be desired, his range of passing is something that needs work on if he's to help us really break down teams that park the bus as the ball moves a lot quicker than his slick and effortless dribbling

1356791376646.gif

You decide.

From where I'm standing that's a foul.

Maybe it shouldn't be, but that's modern football. Referees need to be consistent, making decisions based off of reputation is unprofessional. We should appeal the last three bookings if possible.

Anywhere else on the pitch and its a free-kick.

Cynical, much? You know Mignolet made a miraculous save off of Defoe's 99/100 today, too?

#unlucky #kneejerk

If he wasn't spurs most highly paid player he'd get more slack from people like me.

The 3 games he was banned from after his idiotic foul vs arse we won and scored 8 goals - I'm not at all sure he's such an important player to the team, at least not this season. Dempsey seemed to be getting some form back and now he's lost his place again.

I'll be as pleased as anyone if adebayor gets a hatrick on tuesday vs Reading - but I think we can all agree (unfortunately) that's not gonna happen.

Anyway, good win, should have been more comfortable but we seem to have laid to rest the last 10 mins curse.

Gotta say outside of Adebayor I thought we looked really good today. Disappointed that Defoe couldn't finish off the game but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on his season's form. Lennon was class, Bale was class, Lloris looking like the world class keeper we were expecting. Naughton was also very impressive on his weak side, and I am starting to think that if we ever get Benny back he should be given a go at RB.

Performance-wise I've gotta say it's the most convincing we've looked for quite some time. Things are slowly going our way and the results speak for themselves. Monsters away from home!

Hopefully, the reaction to the Bale decision on MOTD (surely they will agree the referee got it wrong) and elsewhere will work in our favour and we get a few easy penalty decisions after this as the referees try to make up for the mistakes.

Dembele still leaves something to be desired, his range of passing is something that needs work on if he's to help us really break down teams that park the bus as the ball moves a lot quicker than his slick and effortless dribbling

Modric is def a class above Dembele..........Dont get me wrong, I like Demebele. But Modric is definitely the more complete box to box MF

Gotta say outside of Adebayor I thought we looked really good today. Disappointed that Defoe couldn't finish off the game but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on his season's form. Lennon was class, Bale was class, Lloris looking like the world class keeper we were expecting. Naughton was also very impressive on his weak side, and I am starting to think that if we ever get Benny back he should be given a go at RB.

Performance-wise I've gotta say it's the most convincing we've looked for quite some time. Things are slowly going our way and the results speak for themselves. Monsters away from home!

You nailed it w/ that post.........a dead on assessment.

Kyle Walker?....

I'm going to go for a 2-1 And a Lennon goal, we'll see. On my way up now, COYS

I should fucking start betting again! What is that about! Well happy with that.

What a result though, perfect away day.

Sandro- so so so good. Parker- perfect timing to bring him on- steadied things. Freund- legend at FT.

Only bad thing was it was a sit down away day for many of us- there was some cunt behind me, apologised second half but what can you do. Its a football game- stand!

Watching that replay on Bale in the box.....its really tough to see the knee contact

So i could easily live w/ no PK there

But a YC for Simulation ? That is 3x in a row now for bogus YCs

Back
Top Bottom