Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland (away) 29/12/2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, I don't do arrogant confidence, at least I'm often pleasantly surprised rather than the smug fucking '3 points, told you so' brigade from N5!

We'll beat the fuck out of Reading and wipe that smug expression from Chance toad-man McDermott's face if it helps?

Yeah, but it's funny listening to him trying to find the words to cover his utter despair at the end though, innit? Worth the decision for that alone!

I dont see it as a #kneejerk reaction.........

Ade has always stuggled w/ his finishing........this year he is being exposed since he doesn't have the same service as Modric / VDV.
I don't see much of an issue with his service. I agree that his finishing typically lacks authority, but it's more down to the fact that he's simply out of form at the moment.

TBF we have been trying, and that's been common knowledge sing Berba left. Sadly, strikers like that don't grow on trees

Very tru.........those type of Strikers do not grow on trees for sure.

But its really what held us back last year and the same this year..........The MF has always been the strength.
ALways strong at creating chances.........Just need the right player to bag them and set up others

The thing about Adebayor is that there is such a small chance of us replacing him with someone better. Sure he is out of form but we've continually been blocked from going after top strikers due to price and wages. Do people really believe there is a better realistic option out there.

Plus, hasn't it been proved time and time again that form is temporary? People forget so quickly how good Ade was last year. Overall, it is counterproductive to give up on Ade when there is such a minimal chance of a better replacement. Nonsensical really.

I don't see much of an issue with his service. I agree that his finishing typically lacks authority, but it's more down to the fact that he's simply out of form at the moment.

Out of form at the moment ?

Seems to me .........he has been out of form all year.

1 goal.........and that game he was RC

The service isn't what it was last year and you can clearly see the limitations in his game especially in front of the net

1356791376646.gif

You decide.

From where I'm standing that's a foul.

Maybe it shouldn't be, but that's modern football. Referees need to be consistent, making decisions based off of reputation is unprofessional. We should appeal the last three bookings if possible.

Today I've come to the conclusion that with just 4.8% projected growth, 3 full fledged civil wars, and 16 landlocked countries, I won't be investing in Africa.

Cool Adboards though.
A little googling reveals it to be not so much "invest in Africa" as "invest in an Irish oil exploration company headquartered in London and currently trying to avoid paying VAT in Uganda". Nice.

Ade's form will return, I'm sure.

If we want a 'proven goalscorer', Bent will be available again soon I'm sure. But then we will have a proven goalscorer that does nothing else.

There is a reason that the Rooney/Aguero/Tevez type of players don't come to Spurs, because there aren't that many of them and they can pretty much take their pick of the top clubs. I'd never say no to another quality striker coming in, but I'm certainly not unhappy at having Ade and JD. They'd get into most other PL teams easily.

Out of form at the moment ?

Seems to me .........he has been out of form all year.

1 goal.........and that game he was RC

The service isn't what it was last year and you can clearly see the limitations in his game especially in front of the net
He hasn't been back very long.

Yes, but he was tearing those fuckers up before he was sent off.

Dude, I already said that his finishing lacks authority, but no, I disagree that there is a marked difference in his level of service. Modric and Rafa were class, but Rafa spent as much -- if not more -- time on the sidelines last season as he did on the pitch, and Dembele has filled Modric's shoes very, very nicely indeed.

Back
Top Bottom