TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We can’t just scrape top 4 though. Why would our best players want to stick around on less wages and just get top 4, when they could get paid double their wage to do that elsewhere.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a die hard Spurs fan, but unless we sort our wage structure or actually win something then we will eventually lose players to money.
'Winning something' does absolutely fuck all towards keeping our players right now. If they are gonna leave for money, they will leave for money. If we want to pay higher wages then we need to keep scraping top 4 finishes season after season and fill up every seat in that shiny new stadium. THAT'S the way forward for us, that's how we will keep our best players and buy even better players and eventually win trophies. Money, guaranteed long-term income, is the only thing that creates real progress.

Someone hacked into your account mate. Your confusing me
Ha why? we didn't invest like we needed to if we were going to challenge for the title. So I expect this team to drop points like today. No point me crying all day about something that should be expected given the circumstances.

The goal we conceded was shite, should have won a game like this 1-0, terrible

We need to find second wind, get everyone fit and get that 4th place while still performing well in CL

All that bollocks the pundits spout about our record away at the top clubs. It's shit results and performances like this, Burnley, Swansea etc at home that will cost us the title.

Grow up ya fucking toddler. We played fucking shite and have every fucking right to air our frustration.

Sure,

the Issue is you troll out ridiculous statements of hyperbole cause you're can't see beyond the last ten mins

Stuff like "we're not getting top 4 mate"

What are you like, we're more than capable and say we win the next two games you'll change your tune. it's your lack of perspective that irks people.

'Winning something' does absolutely fuck all towards keeping our players right now. If they are gonna leave for money, they will leave for money. If we want to pay higher wages then we need to keep scraping top 4 finishes season after season and fill up every seat in that shiny new stadium. THAT'S the way forward for us, that's how we will keep our best players and buy even better players and eventually win trophies. Money, guaranteed long-term income, is the only thing that creates real progress.

Woolwich and Liverpool have both shown that there is no truth in any of that.

If we hadn't conceded that opening goal then the whole match is different - including the eye-bleeding horrible spectacle of trying to break two buses down.

And alas, that goal was on Alli losing possession and Sanchez not doing more to dispossess Rondon.

Football. Small margins. I don't particularly think it's worth crucifying the young lads for it.

Back
Top Bottom