Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would we open a 63,000 seat stadium for 1,800 fans to come to a game?

FYI - highest attendance 4,681 and lowest - all of 557. We have more staff at mens games.

No one cares. The idea it's competing with mens football on any level is sad.
I saw one news outlet actually suggest a woman was close to breaking Rooney's scoring record for England before Kane. For fuck sake. This kind of journalism is shockingly embarassing.

It's a different fucking sport ffs.
It's hillarous. It's soo try hard. Its certainly a different sport. Spurs branding don't mean jack to me. Who recalls that formula one Spurs liveried car?

Last edited:
Woolwich a tad desperate off the pitch tonight.
Passed through King's Cross on the way back from something else just now and saw numerous people wearing exactly the same Woolwich scarf (in May)... then more... then eventually one on the tube wearing one and holding one or more.
Giving them away obvs!

Last edited:

Club statement – Chioma Ubogagu​

@SpursOfficial
Thu 19 May 2022, 09:00|Tottenham Hotspur

We can confirm that Spurs Women forward Chioma Ubogagu has been charged with an anti-doping violation and has accepted a nine-month suspension.

The FA and an independent tribunal reached the decision on Friday 22 April.

Chioma was prescribed two forms of medication in the United States from a personal doctor to treat acne before signing for the Club.

The 29-year-old continued to take the medication to treat her skin condition after she arrived without the knowledge that the medication was prohibited.

In November 2021, Chioma requested a repeat prescription from the Club doctor who alerted the relevant bodies; the FA and UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) about the use of a banned substance.

The FA accepts that Chioma did not take the medication, spironolactone, with a view to intentionally securing an illegal advantage.

Both the Club and Chioma fully cooperated with the FA and UKAD during the disciplinary process and Chioma has been unavailable for selection since the provisional suspension was imposed in January.

Chioma takes full responsibility for the charge and deeply regrets her actions admitting a lack of knowledge and awareness on her part.

Chioma said: “I am so sorry to my teammates and staff that I can’t be out on the pitch. The Club has been fully supportive throughout this entire process, and I am so appreciative of all their help. My faith, family, and close friends have helped me immensely in this difficult time. I am eager to be back soon now that this has been resolved.

“I want to make clear that the medication had no performance-enhancing effects for me, but I still made the mistake of not being as diligent as possible, and as a result I am unable to play the game I love until I serve my suspension. While my dermatologist is aware of my profession, it is also my responsibility to know more about the medications I am prescribed.

“I plan to share my story and educate others on the severity of what can happen, and I hope I can help other athletes avoid situations like mine in the future.”

Chioma will not be eligible to feature for the Club until she has served her suspension that runs until October, 2022.

Club statement – Chioma Ubogagu​

@SpursOfficial
Thu 19 May 2022, 09:00|Tottenham Hotspur

We can confirm that Spurs Women forward Chioma Ubogagu has been charged with an anti-doping violation and has accepted a nine-month suspension.

The FA and an independent tribunal reached the decision on Friday 22 April.

Chioma was prescribed two forms of medication in the United States from a personal doctor to treat acne before signing for the Club.

The 29-year-old continued to take the medication to treat her skin condition after she arrived without the knowledge that the medication was prohibited.

In November 2021, Chioma requested a repeat prescription from the Club doctor who alerted the relevant bodies; the FA and UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) about the use of a banned substance.

The FA accepts that Chioma did not take the medication, spironolactone, with a view to intentionally securing an illegal advantage.

Both the Club and Chioma fully cooperated with the FA and UKAD during the disciplinary process and Chioma has been unavailable for selection since the provisional suspension was imposed in January.

Chioma takes full responsibility for the charge and deeply regrets her actions admitting a lack of knowledge and awareness on her part.

Chioma said: “I am so sorry to my teammates and staff that I can’t be out on the pitch. The Club has been fully supportive throughout this entire process, and I am so appreciative of all their help. My faith, family, and close friends have helped me immensely in this difficult time. I am eager to be back soon now that this has been resolved.

“I want to make clear that the medication had no performance-enhancing effects for me, but I still made the mistake of not being as diligent as possible, and as a result I am unable to play the game I love until I serve my suspension. While my dermatologist is aware of my profession, it is also my responsibility to know more about the medications I am prescribed.

“I plan to share my story and educate others on the severity of what can happen, and I hope I can help other athletes avoid situations like mine in the future.”

Chioma will not be eligible to feature for the Club until she has served her suspension that runs until October, 2022.

You posted that twice?

Rules are rules, yes, and it's hard to make exceptions but in this case it could be done an exception...
No. A as a professional athlete she would/should have known all about the risks and consequences of taking medication and supplements without first checking they are legit. Stupidity and ignorance are no excuse.

Why didn't she consult the club doctor, when she arrived, about any drugs and supplements she was taking?

More concerning is - isn't there an induction done for all new employees at Spurs? Where all this would be have been covered and nipped in the bud.

Don't know how feasible this is without impacting the pitch condition but when we play at home, why can't there be a women's game the same day before the men's one?

Fans could then make a day of it at the stadium at it would promote the women's game much more with many more fans in attendance.

Don't know how feasible this is without impacting the pitch condition but when we play at home, why can't there be a women's game the same day before the men's one?

Fans could then make a day of it at the stadium at it would promote the women's game much more with many more fans in attendance.
Back in pre-season we played Woolwich in mens and womens games back to back. The attendance for the women's game was diabolical. The crowds who want to go seem very different - the ones there for the men's game seem to have near-zero interest in watching the women rather than go for a drink or just heading home.

Back
Top Bottom