Tottenham v Burnley(Wembley). 15th 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think it’s so much that he’s afraid but more that he quickly weighs up other options first

A classic yesterday was his sublime through ball to Lamela who fluffed a golden opportunity

For bus-conductor to say that Sissoko “whacked it at Lamela “ says it all about his ridiculous biase against one of the undoubted stars of our current side

I suppose he also “whacked it” at KWP for Barca’s goal on Tuesday!!!

Players should be able to control balls like that instantaneously
Oh wow
if it was sublime - he would have converted it, but it really wasn't - probably because no-one else would have turned the shot down to play a poor percentage pass into a crowded box.

We all get that you're a big fan, but seriously, making other players at fault for Sissoko's choices is just plain wrong.

Oh wow
if it was sublime - he would have converted it, but it really wasn't - probably because no-one else would have turned the shot down to play a poor percentage pass into a crowded box.

We all get that you're a big fan, but seriously, making other players at fault for Sissoko's choices is just plain wrong.

Check out Sammy ‘s post then go back to bed Mick

A player of Lamela’s ability should have put that away

Check out Sammy ‘s post then go back to bed Mick

A player of Lamela’s ability should have put that away
why do you have to be rude - is it beyond your comprehension to understand that not everyone sees things the same way?
Why make a patronising remark like that?

I believe that everyone thought that he would take the shot on, rather than play a low percentage pass like he did, irrespective of Lamela's ball control skills, it probably came as much of a surprise to him, as it did to most of the people watching.

My opinion - not a fact
anymore than your opinion is a fact.

why do you have to be rude - is it beyond your comprehension to understand that not everyone sees things the same way?
Why make a patronising remark like that?

I believe that everyone thought that he would take the shot on, rather than play a low percentage pass like he did, irrespective of Lamela's ball control skills, it probably came as much of a surprise to him, as it did to most of the people watching.

My opinion - not a fact
anymore than your opinion is a fact.

Not being rude or patronising

“Everyone “ didn’t think he was going to take a shot

Lamela was in a far better position in front of the goal with just the keeper to beat
My opinion and probably Sissoko’s

Or couldn’t you see that?

You were one of the main ‘melts’ on here slagging off Sissoko and you must be pissed and salty that he’s come good as I always thought that he would

Just be happy that Poch also believed in him and he’s now one of our main players if you’re capable

Lamela was in a far better position in front of the goal with just the keeper to beat

You were one of the main ‘melts’ on here slagging off Sissoko and you must be pissed and salty that he’s come good as I always thought that he would

Just be happy that Poch also believed in him and he’s now one of our main players if you’re capable

What?

why the fuck would I be upset that an under performing 30 million pound footballer who plays for spurs has found some form?

I support Tottenham, not individual players.

Melt, what the fuck is that supposed to mean? Yeah I made jokes about his performances, because they were borderline comical to start with. To suggest that I am upset that he is finally playing for his place is both insulting and bloody childish Baz, I really thought you were better than that.

If you have ever played football, you will be familiar with the panic that you get when someone plays a pass to you in a poor position when a much better option was the obvious one, and its my belief - that that is why Lamela had poor control, that and the fact that to get to him - Sissoko hit it with pace.

Whatever your opinion is (and you are obviously welcome to it) the most obvious option was to take the shot on - as Sammy also said
, and it wasn't the only time in the game he did it.

but no matter what opinion you hold, it isn't worth getting the arseholes over or insulting one another for. Try not to be permanently sensitive to Sissoko, the guys doing alright, but he is far from perfect and his play is not without flaws, despite how well he is now playing.

Suggesting that I'm upset, because I took the piss at his ham fisted performances when he arrived is just plain daft. I'm a Spurs fan, I take a great deal of pleasure in seeing the guy do well, and hope that he starts taking shots on, and building up a goal scoring record of his own.

Last edited:

Sissoko was again our most consistent performer. Alderweireld was solid as was Davies in an unaccustomed role.

Kane's calm was evident all match.

Get a pacy goalscorer alongside him and I mean it they could score 60 goals a season in the Premier. The guy now passes more than ever before and always to a player in space. Nearly Rooneyesque.

Sissoko was again our most consistent performer. Alderweireld was solid as was Davies in an unaccustomed role.

Kane's calm was evident all match.

Get a pacy goalscorer alongside him and I mean it they could score 60 goals a season in the Premier. The guy now passes more than ever before and always to a player in space. Nearly Rooneyesque.

I totally agree

He was our most consistent performer

But you get the same few melts on here that continually criticise him no matter what he does and then get all salty when I defend him

I totally agree

He was our most consistent performer

But you get the same few melts on here that continually criticise him no matter what he does and then get all salty when I defend him
grow up Baz, you are really coming across as a really sanctimonious prick at the moment
all this because I believe he should have taken the shot on?

Really?

Important 3 points with Woolwich losing to open up a 5 point gap to 5th place, with either or both Liverpool and ManU to drop points later on (currently 1-1).
all these people that analyse results , performances, statistics, heat maps and all the rest of the mumbo jumbo must despair when results like that happen, Woolwich beat us, we beat S'oton, They beat woolwich

but but......that's not supposed to happen!

Oh yeah, the game's played by humans, not computers

grow up Baz, you are really coming across as a really sanctimonious prick at the moment
all this because I believe he should have taken the shot on?

Really?

Who’s being rude and patronising now?

Same Mick Cooper

Likes dishing it out but can’t take it

Go to bed and lie down

all these people that analyse results , performances, statistics, heat maps and all the rest of the mumbo jumbo must despair when results like that happen, Woolwich beat us, we beat S'oton, They beat woolwich

but but......that's not supposed to happen!

Oh yeah, the game's played by humans, not computers

It’s his opinion Mick

He’s entitled to have one

Remember??

Who’s being rude and patronising now?

Same Mick Cooper

Likes dishing it out but can’t take it

Go to bed and lie down
That wasn't rude and patronizing Baz
Its what you were doing with your "yoof speak"

I can take what you say, when you talk like an adult Baz, because its just about opinions. But when you talk bollocks about me being upset because Sissoko turned from Coco the clown into the footballer we purchased, then you give up the right to have any respect from me.

Stop taking it (any comment about Sissoko that is anything but gushingly complimentary) personally and try to accept that as good as he's become, there are still things that he could do better.

why are you obsessed with my need for rest? Are you under the impression that anyone who has a different opinion to yours is incapable of coherent thought?

Bournemouth and Brighton. There is no excuse for Burnley other than their neanderthal manager/tactics. They have been in the league for 3 straight years AND have parachute payment from their stint when Tripps was there and they went down. They can afford to have purchased better players. I wish they had stayed in Europa and it ruined any further semblance of league form leading to relegation.

It's the same argument for Manchester United. Mourinho has no excuse for that pitiful excuse for football he puts out every week and their fans know it. He has just as much if not more money than other teams in the top 6, as Burnley do relative to BHA and Bournemouth, yet they play League 1 football. It's the manager not circumstances.

I think Burnley were trying to play more attacking football but obviously struggling this season.
They were near the top 6 last year after all.

From my point of view I can understand right now wanting to stop shipping goals. Been there done that from a football point of view. Sometimes you just have to.

So I see it as a sign of respect for Spurs (kane, Dele, Eriksen etc etc) personally.
You can view it whichever way you like too.

How the fuck is Sissoko getting blamed for Lamela's lousy touch. He's outside the box and people want him to have a shot, needs to be a bloody good hit to beat the keeper from outside the box. Instead he plays a lovely ball to the signaling Lamela which takes two defenders out of play, perfect for Lamela to slot it past an onrushing keeper. Lamela's control let him down, it happens.
Play the ball not the man.

How the fuck is Sissoko getting blamed for Lamela's lousy touch. He's outside the box and people want him to have a shot, needs to be a bloody good hit to beat the keeper from outside the box. Instead he plays a lovely ball to the signaling Lamela which takes two defenders out of play, perfect for Lamela to slot it past an onrushing keeper. Lamela's control let him down, it happens.
Play the ball not the man.

That’s all I’m trying to say and then you get Mick Cooper going off on one because I disagree with him

That wasn't rude and patronizing Baz
Its what you were doing with your "yoof speak"

I can take what you say, when you talk like an adult Baz, because its just about opinions. But when you talk bollocks about me being upset because Sissoko turned from Coco the clown into the footballer we purchased, then you give up the right to have any respect from me.

Stop taking it (any comment about Sissoko that is anything but gushingly complimentary) personally and try to accept that as good as he's become, there are still things that he could do better.

why are you obsessed with my need for rest? Are you under the impression that anyone who has a different opinion to yours is incapable of coherent thought?

I’m really upset that you don’t respect me but I’ll comment what I choose when I choose to do so about what I choose to comment on

Clear??

No go and lie down and dream of Lord Sissoko

I think Burnley were trying to play more attacking football but obviously struggling this season.
They were near the top 6 last year after all.

From my point of view I can understand right now wanting to stop shipping goals. Been there done that from a football point of view. Sometimes you just have to.

So I see it as a sign of respect for Spurs (kane, Dele, Eriksen etc etc) personally.
You can view it whichever way you like too.
Have not seen the Southampton match today but they shipped 2 goals but scored 3 against a top 5 team and are now above Burnley. Emery quoted as saying 'Southampton deserved the result because they pushed and played with big ambition'.
You need wins and 3 points to get to safety. Hope Southampton survive and Burnley go down.

Back
Top Bottom