Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to stray from the narrative a bit here but I thought Winks and Hoj looked OK first half. Not brilliant but tidy, seemed they had some understanding, who went forward, who stayed back. Winks in particular was involved a lot, again, tidy, as I say. There's a lot to be said for tidy.

Dele was heaps more useful than Moura was first half too. Busy.

So on comes Sissoko (why I'll never know), a player whose skillset wouldn't look out of place at Orient. And then off goes Winks. Our midfield, which hadn't been brilliant, but "tidy-ish"up till then, fell to pieces.

Everton were OK, organised, tidy (that word again). That's all they needed to be in the second 45 to be honest.

Last edited:
I'm still fucking raging I can't sleep - first game of the season and Spurs are already giving me health issues. Fantastic.

New 'All Or Nothing' episodes drop in a bit... We can relive the FACup & CL exits and Covid lockdown to cheer ourselves up.

:pochcry:

EhzUi95X0AIRwKx
Surprised Doherty is playing while nursing a nasty-looking wanking injury.

It's just a bit of a shit fest from top to bottom...

Mourinho undoubtedly deserves his fair share of criticism. I think most people in football can see the guy is past it. His methods are outdated, his team selections baffling, and his stupid "be a c*nt" nonsense is just that, pure and utter nonsensical rabble from a manager who is totally out of touch with the modern game.

BUT...
1. He should never have been appointed in the first place. It was an atrocious appointment that ripped apart everything that Pochettino had instilled into the club. Poch had enough for sure and should have walked himself at the end of the season, but there simply HAD to be a more suitable appointment out there than a guy who had been booted unceremoniously from his last two premier league jobs (It may be a bit tinfoil hat-ish, but I honestly wouldn't completely dismiss out of hand the theory that he wasn't appointed for purely football reasons, as he's basically starring in a documentary that's making the club a lot of money, but i digress..)
2. However the fact that Levy did go down the Mourinho route, he simply HAD to back him properly, and not shamelessly fumble around signing bargain bucket players, seemingly unwilling to spend more than 15/20 million on any player. Its just farcical, embarrassing guff. Look at the difference between Hojbjerg plodding around midfield fouling people today and Allans confident, sharp performance for Everton. It was night and day.

The sad thing is there's no quick fix. Mourinho will probably be gone at Christmas, deep down he surely knows he hasn't a hope here but why would he give a fuck? He gets his 15 million and walks into the sunset. Levy probably appoints King as interim manager, fires him in the Summer and off we go again. Rinse and repeat.

I have not been this dispondent supporting Spurs since a few games into 08/09 under Ramos. It's soul destroying stuff and I really see no end in sight.

I can't wait for us to beat these cunts, it's funny everyone other than Spurs fans seem to think we will finish mid table, call Mourinho finished & our signing shit yet say Ancelotti is brilliant, the same people say Kane is finished if he doesn't score a goal a game & Dele is shit but Maddison & Grealish are amazing yet Deles numbers are as good as theirs ith half the minutes played

After lockdown we would have finished 4th no? And we have improved the first 11 but we are going backwards according to some mentally inferior cunts

Looking forward to shutting everyone up

Just sad how football has become, pure Fifa wankers that don't have a clue and listen to Paul Merson & Adrian Durham for their football knowledge

No hiding place on this. Lack of quality shining through and players realising mid match how utterly shit they are. In this day and age you cannot finish 6th and buy a Southampton and Wolves player and think you are going to close the gap, that screams of austerity.

Back
Top Bottom