Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rumours are GLC is injured. His persistent groin problems which we're trying to sort rather than making him play through.
Dodgy ITK suggesting he'll miss the first few weeks of the season.
I hope it's not true.
With GLC out and Mourinho probably not trusting Ndombele, we may have very little creativity in midfield.

Jesus Christ, it's going to be the pointing Rhino isn't it?

Just fucking shoot me now.

Rumours are GLC is injured. His persistent groin problems which we're trying to sort rather than making him play through.
Dodgy ITK suggesting he'll miss the first few weeks of the season.
I hope it's not true.
With GLC out and Mourinho probably not trusting Ndombele, we may have very little creativity in midfield.

GLC didn't really provide much creativity last year.

This team is built to defend and counter with direct power and pace. Kane, Son, Lucas, Dele, Bergwijn all fit that style.

Our Achilles Heel for like 10 years now has been breaking down anyone who just parks the bus. Strategically we want to sit deep, draw teams out and then hammer them on the counter knowing we don't have the players to break anyone down with just their passing.

Dier, predictably,has been shocking so far tonight vs what is essentially Championship level opponents by and large

Anyone who thinks he should be ahead of Toby and Sanchez at CB - think again

Last edited:
Sissoko, PEH and Winks, with Ndomble watching from the bench and GLC from the stands.

Are you excited?

Don't forget Moura in while Bergwijn sits as well. Wouldn't want to work so hard to cut out any creativity or passing in the MF only to Bergwijn and eff it all up playing out on the wing.

With Winks back in the squad following COVID quarantine:

Lloris
Doherty - Alderweireld - Dier - Davies
Winks - Hojbjerg
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Will be the line-up in my opinion.

Personally, I'd have Sanchez in for Dier, Ndombele in for Lucas and Bergwijn in for Dele and go to a 433 - but it's pretty obvious Jose isn't going to go for it.

Barely any creativity in that line up at all - however you have hard workers in Winks, Hojbjerg and Lucas and goalscoring threat in Son and Kane.

We'll aim to press them high because their centre backs especially aren't the best on the ball - but there really isn't much in that line up at all. Definitely going to miss Lo Celso being out.

With Winks back in the squad following COVID quarantine:

Lloris
Doherty - Alderweireld - Dier - Davies
Winks - Hojbjerg
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Will be the line-up in my opinion.

Personally, I'd have Sanchez in for Dier, Ndombele in for Lucas and Bergwijn in for Dele and go to a 433 - but it's pretty obvious Jose isn't going to go for it.

Barely any creativity in that line up at all - however you have hard workers in Winks, Hojbjerg and Lucas and goalscoring threat in Son and Kane.

We'll aim to press them high because their centre backs especially aren't the best on the ball - but there really isn't much in that line up at all. Definitely going to miss Lo Celso being out.
Without Lo Celso/Ndombele progressing the ball forward we are going to rely a lot on Doherty down the right and long balls from Toby to Dele to create shots. For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hojbjerg further up the field than Winks to provide additional support in the box on occasion.

GLC didn't really provide much creativity last year.

Are you serious?

He was the only guy that could take the ball from our back 4 to the front 3 and on the few times he was able to get up to the front 3 and play with Kane and Son we almost always at least created something.

The only reason he didn't create enough last year is he was so busy doing the work that Winks and Sissoko should have done in moving the ball up the pitch.

Jesus Christ, it's going to be the pointing Rhino isn't it?

Just fucking shoot me now.
Wait until we get PEH and Sissoko together.
It'll be like 2 traffic conductors in Piccadilly Circus.
NIau.gif

Last edited:
Dier, predictably,has been shocking so far tonight vs what is essentially Championship level opponents by and large

Anyone who thinks he should be ahead of Toby and Sanchez at CB - think again
In the Amazon thing Jose says "they are too nice, Dier is the only one who likes to live the conflict during the game".
Eric is Mourinho's man.

Are you serious?

He was the only guy that could take the ball from our back 4 to the front 3 and on the few times he was able to get up to the front 3 and play with Kane and Son we almost always at least created something.

The only reason he didn't create enough last year is he was so busy doing the work that Winks and Sissoko should have done in moving the ball up the pitch.

You're starting to worry me. That's at least 3 posts you've made in the last 48 hours that I agree with.

I can't wait for us to beat these cunts, it's funny everyone other than Spurs fans seem to think we will finish mid table, call Mourinho finished & our signing shit yet say Ancelotti is brilliant, the same people say Kane is finished if he doesn't score a goal a game & Dele is shit but Maddison & Grealish are amazing yet Deles numbers are as good as theirs ith half the minutes played

After lockdown we would have finished 4th no? And we have improved the first 11 but we are going backwards according to some mentally inferior cunts

Looking forward to shutting everyone up

Just sad how football has become, pure Fifa wankers that don't have a clue and listen to Paul Merson & Adrian Durham for their football knowledge

Back
Top Bottom