Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So they play a total of about 150 minutes of actual sport per year? Incredible.
Each game only has on ave 11mins of live action in total!!!! Broken up into an average of 4 seconds plays before it's stopped and they go to an average of 100 commercial breaks per game. It's not a sport mate, it's a game for fat blokes who wear tights and crash helmets, a game where the replays showed take up more time than the actual live play.

There is as NFL seems to have found a hipster audience in UK like it did in the mid 90s again, the Dier and Kane types. When we have a side in our stadium it’s only 8 regular season home games an NFL so supply still low to sell out each one
College Football is supposed to be the one to watch, isn't it? No ad breaks(??) so it flows a bit better. I've only ever seen NFL and had to endure 5 hours of the shit when taken to a live game when I was in Philly once.

College Football is supposed to be the one to watch, isn't it? No ad breaks(??) so it flows a bit better. I've only ever seen NFL and had to endure 5 hours of the shit when taken to a live game when I was in Philly once.

Mate like everything in life College has been ruined too, my father in law doesnt go and watch his team any more as NBC show all the games and it goes on for hours on end too!!

Nothing sacred anymore

Each game only has on ave 11mins of live action in total!!!! Broken up into an average of 4 seconds plays before it's stopped and they go to an average of 100 commercial breaks per game. It's not a sport mate, it's a game for fat blokes who wear tights and crash helmets, a game where the replays showed take up more time than the actual live play.

Again and again. Don't start that stupid agenda, I'm respectful as I can be because of that answer.

I remember they outplayed us in the 2:2 draw few seasons back but we still snatched a point - anything is possible if we stay disciplined and avoid brain farts at the back which have cost us dearly lately
I remember their 2 goals resulted from 2 Lloris brainfarts. Considering the form he's currently in, I fear for the worst.

I am usually not the most pessimistic, but somehow I felt like I would have had a thunder cloud over my head this whole weekend. Only that it was light blue not dark...

Ofc I want and hope that our lads would end up on top of this game.
But City has been a ruthless machine up to now. The key to this game is how well can our midfield take away the room of City players. And even though Dier has improved his form, I have my doubts if it will be enough. Dembele also played 75 mins against PSV during last week.

So considering opposition, rest, and current form, I'd figure I would be the calmest if we'd see following midfield and attack (defence picks itself rly, and formation kind of as well - cannot play Dier in CB given alternatives to midfield) ->

---Winks---Dier--Eriksen--
--Lamela-------------Moura-
--------------Kane-------------

Alternatively I think I might be okay also with

---Sissoko--Dier--Eriksen--
--Lamela-------------Moura-
--------------Kane-------------

Ofc if Poch deems Alli to be fit enough to make a comeback in such game, I'd be fine with him starting in place of Moura as well, but Lamela absolutely has to start.

And please PLEASE no such cock-ups as we saw on Wed (at least 2 major ones) not one like against Liverpool or Barca either (giving away quick goal through own mistake).

COYS! Prove my pessimistic approach to be wrong and get this win!!!

The major concern is their pace, guys like sterling and sane against trippier and Davies... it’s a disaster.

Those two have been painfully exposed on numerous occasions. I’d like Aurier to play (even at LB if needs be) under strict instruction he doesn’t dive in.

With Eriksen and Alli back fit our attack won’t be the issue, we can hurt them. I think it’s something like 1 game in the last 17 where we haven’t scored. (WBA away at the end of last season) so we’re more than capable. We even managed to score in both games against them last season despite them being comfortably better in both games. I suppose this game doesn’t define our season, United looked poor again yesterday and Woolwich dropped points so there’s opportunities for us.

A point tonight would be a great result.

The major concern is their pace, guys like sterling and sane against trippier and Davies... it’s a disaster.

Those two have been painfully exposed on numerous occasions. I’d like Aurier to play (even at LB if needs be) under strict instruction he doesn’t dive in.

With Eriksen and Alli back fit our attack won’t be the issue, we can hurt them. I think it’s something like 1 game in the last 17 where we haven’t scored. (WBA away at the end of last season) so we’re more than capable. We even managed to score in both games against them last season despite them being comfortably better in both games. I suppose this game doesn’t define our season, United looked poor again yesterday and Woolwich dropped points so there’s opportunities for us.

Then Pochettino must show he is a tactician.

We know of City's pace so lets sit slightly deeper for this game? Surely that makes sense.

would you risk Ali (and maybe Lamella) on that pitch? Midfield of Dier / Sissoko / Wanyama / Dembele :dierno:

There is as NFL seems to have found a hipster audience in UK like it did in the mid 90s again, the Dier and Kane types. When we have a side in our stadium it’s only 8 regular season home games an NFL so supply still low to sell out each one
Far from hipster but has a good following. From what l saw a load of fat middle aged blokes , in tacky Americana gear , some US forces stationed in Europe .
Unlike the younger real hipsters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Slimmer , bearded , indie ,rough trade records , Lucky dog bars who tend to watch the premiership
World's apart .

Back
Top Bottom