Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose putting us in an unfamiliar dressing room trying to conjure up an away match feeling.

200.gif

This could be the team based on those who had pink bibs in training yesterday:

Lloris

Aurier Dier Toby Verts

Gedson Skipp Ndombele

Sissoko Kane Son

I wouldn't be too displeased with that, apart from Davies for Verts and Lo Celso for Gedson.

Thought about this a while now. I'd go with a slight odd formation.

----------------Lloris------
-------Sanchez Toby Jan-----
Sissoko---Dier--GLC----Davies
----------------Lamela--------
----------Kane-------Son-------

Feel we will need Sanchez pace against Rashford and Martial.
Still don't trust Aurier.
Start Lamela since he is fit.

Bench :
Gazza, Sess, Winks, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Lucas, Skipp, Aurier, (another striker from youth team)

Can't be too critical whatever team Jose puts out. He just needs to pick the players he thinks are most fit and ready to compete. Tactics are out the door somewhat given the situation.

It's hard to know what selection to expect because the players aren't all at the same level of fitness, many have picked up issues during the hiatus and many are coming back from long term injury. Tanganga is definitely out and Dele is suspended.

We are probably going to once again field an XI that has never played together before and barely trained together either, all I'm looking for is maximum effort in the performance. It's not going to be anything amazing in terms of tactics or energy.

Semi looking forward again to watching a souless version of the beautiful game in an empty stadium.
Mourinho has to sprinkle his magic dust and earn his paypacket if we have any remote chance of top 4. Really he has shown little and while the football quality has been poor all will be overlooked if the results go well.
The team needs fixing long term and with Levy in Scrooge mode our "Glory " days are behind us .
I pray for miracles and hope luck wins through.
No glory days in front of us either.

Maybe but I thonk that's hope over anything else.

I cannot rember the last time Kane dominated and defence if I am being honest.

Happy for you to be right of course.
I think just lately he has looked a lot better playing for England then he has Spurs, but maybe thats down to getting better service?
Any way like you have said we would all love to see the Kane of 16/17 back and dominating defences

Thought about this a while now. I'd go with a slight odd formation.

----------------Lloris------
-------Sanchez Toby Jan-----
Sissoko---Dier--GLC----Davies
----------------Lamela--------
----------Kane-------Son-------

Feel we will need Sanchez pace against Rashford and Martial.
Still don't trust Aurier.
Start Lamela since he is fit.

Bench :
Gazza, Sess, Winks, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Lucas, Skipp, Aurier, (another striker from youth team)
Aurier will start, i may be wrong but from Memory im pretty sure he has started most games when fit under Jose?

Back
Top Bottom