Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As someone already said, there have always been some spares in mid-August due to holidays but this year there will some who don’t want to risk going just yet as well and maybe some who haven’t been vaxxed (through age or choice) and don’t want to get tested either.

(Not aimed at you necessarily)

It's always baffled me that time/day is so pivotal to some on this level.....

By the time I arrive at the stadium; without fail I am excited..... Be it 3pm Saturday or Sunday lunchtime.....

It's not like people are being asked to get all pumped-up and partizan at 9am on a Monday morning! ......Why act like it's such a chore to get in, shout, yell, sing some songs and have a laugh?
It just is - think about midday or 2pm…. No-one gets time for a pint beforehand really

It just is - think about midday or 2pm…. No-one gets time for a pint beforehand really

Lame excuse really....... Especially for anything beyond mid-day.

If you're that much of an alcoholic have a couple of cans on the train.

(Not aimed at you necessarily)

It's always baffled me that time/day is so pivotal to some on this level.....

By the time I arrive at the stadium; without fail I am excited..... Be it 3pm Saturday or Sunday lunchtime.....

It's not like people are being asked to get all pumped-up and partizan at 9am on a Monday morning! ......Why act like it's such a chore to get in, shout, yell, sing some songs and have a laugh?

I'm exactly the same, midweek and Sunday's are just awful.

Like it or not, it's all down to drinking time. More time for booze, the better the atmosphere. It's nothing beyond that. I'm guilty of this myself, I'll be honest. Saturday 5.30pm's I'm a lunatic, 8.00pm on a Monday / Thursday / any time Sunday, not so much, and it's all down to drink, I'm afraid.

Terrible, I know.

:pochsulk:

I'm not sure it will make much difference with the team not fully set up yet I would expect a home defeat.

No doubt you would.

It's not like we've ever beaten City before without Kane...... Errrrr.... Wait....

Also:

Last 8 games vs City:
W:3
D:1
L:4 (inc. 1 x Spurs ‘win’ via away goals)

I'm exactly the same, midweek and Sunday's are just awful.

Like it or not, it's all down to drinking time. More time for booze, the better the atmosphere. It's nothing beyond that. I'm guilty of this myself, I'll be honest. Saturday 5.30pm's I'm a lunatic, 8.00pm on a Monday / Thursday / any time Sunday, not so much, and it's all down to drink, I'm afraid.

Terrible, I know.

:pochsulk:

Evening games are normally rockin' tho'....

I'm not sure it will make much difference with the team not fully set up yet I would expect a home defeat.

Their team is not fully set up yet either, there is nothing to be afraid of. Pep has played 3 matches at New WHL and lost all 3 without scoring a goal, and that was with much better XIs than he will have on Sunday.

If we work hard we can beat them, of course they have fantastic quality but I know that with a full stadium and a fitter, hungrier team than last season we can do it. It's going to be amazing to have the fans cheering them on, I'm expecting a very intense game from us.

No doubt you would.

It's not like we've ever beaten City before without Kane...... Errrrr.... Wait....

Also:

Last 8 games vs City:
W:3
D:1
L:4 (inc. 1 x Spurs ‘win’ via away goals)
Never said we have never beaten them I merely said that I don't think we are completely ready yet.
City are one of the best clubs in the world which is why our man wants to play for them , he will win things with them which are out of our reach no disgrace in saying it.

Never said we have never beaten them I merely said that I don't think we are completely ready yet.
City are one of the best clubs in the world which is why our man wants to play for them , he will win things with them which are out of our reach no disgrace in saying it.

They won't be "completely ready yet" either and also have players missing. Best time to be playing them; Kane or no Kane...

If Kane sink the UAE on sunday. Will the price be £150 MM or a death sentence. Discuss.

Last edited:
Yeah, either the club have not really sold all those season tickets and are trying to save face (very unlikely), or there are LOTS of STH's not wanting to go for one of a variety of reasons. And if that carries on then you would think that there will be a HUGE drop off in renewals next season. If '000's of STH's don't want to use and can't sell their seats for City first game of the season, then it's not looking great is it?

WC = Wheelchair.
So you just need to get a wheelchair off ebay and then £30 tickets every game?

Back
Top Bottom