Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An interesting article released by the PL today in anticipation of this match. Below is an excerpt -

————
How Son can lead the line against Man City

Son's impact with/without Kane​

With KaneWithout Kane
Matches22753
Goals7730
Goals/match0.340.57
It is fascinating to compare Son’s scoring record with and without Kane.

While it undoubtedly suits him to make runs beyond Kane when the England captain drops deep, Son has a significantly better return when playing up front alone.

He has scored 30 goals in 53 matches without his team-mate - a rate of 0.57 per match - and will relish the chance to make his mark again as a mobile centre-forward.

If Man City are not switched on, Son’s dynamic movement could help Spurs to a fourth straight home win against them.
————

Probably needs a bit more context and analysis in truth but interesting.

Nice to see a lot of positivity around the squad (also lol at Ndombele wearing that beanie in this weather).

According to Dele, non-bibs won 3 games out of 4

From what I can tell:

Bibs: CCV, Moura, Sanchez, GLC, Skipp, Dane Scarlett, Tanguy, Sissoko, Doherty, Lloris, Aurier, Bergwijn

Non-bibs: Dele, Dier, Son, Hojbjerg, Rodon, Reggie, Winks, Davies, Romero, Omole, John, Gollini

Last edited:

An interesting article released by the PL today in anticipation of this match. Below is an excerpt -

————

With KaneWithout Kane
Matches22753
Goals7730
Goals/match0.340.57

While it undoubtedly suits him to make runs beyond Kane when the England captain drops deep, Son has a significantly better return when playing up front alone.

He has scored 30 goals in 53 matches without his team-mate - a rate of 0.57 per match - and will relish the chance to make his mark again as a mobile centre-forward.

If Man City are not switched on, Son’s dynamic movement could help Spurs to a fourth straight home win against them.
————

What this tells me is how many more goals per game Son scored without Kane.
What it doesn't tell me, is how many goals Spurs scored, or didn't, with Kane and Son and just Son.

Despite being a season ticket holder, I actually want to sell the ticket so I can re-purchase an adult ticket with a junior. The pricing for the game is a complete joke and the amount of tickets on sale/resale says it all about what people think. Maybe the covid fear is still there but even so, you would think the first game back they would be sensibly priced. dogshit tickets up in the clouds are £60 and everything else upwards from there.
It's not going to help you for the city game, but going forward....

What I ended up having to do was log in to the ticket site when the window opened, find 2 tickets together I wanted (including a junior priced ticket), put them in my basket, then phone the ticket office and get them to press the magic buttons to switch my ST and then I just had to pay for the junior ticket. Don't actually try to buy these tickets on the site. I always lost money on my ticket, which they couldn't refund, as the seat I chose was always cheaper than my ticket. If it's more expensive they will make you pay the difference.

In the long run it was just easier to be a member.

Plenty of seats available for those of you thinking about it...

City.png

Man City haven't scored a Premier League goal at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, nor picked up a single point.

Probably should have kept my mouth shut.

Plenty of seats available for those of you thinking about it...

City.png
I'm amazed

I thought people would be falling over themselves to watch a spurs team without Harry kane and with Dier and Sanchez at the back for yet another season

Then again I suppose it isnt the best climate to go and remortgage your house to buy a ticket to a football match

I'm amazed

I thought people would be falling over themselves to watch a spurs team without Harry kane and with Dier and Sanchez at the back for yet another season

Then again I suppose it isnt the best climate to go and remortgage your house to buy a ticket to a football match
What amazes me is that almost all of those seats are 'resales' from ST holders. Seems a lot.

I'm amazed

What amazes me is that almost all of those seats are 'resales' from ST holders. Seems a lot.
So did they fill the ST allocation? Last I saw on here they were struggling a bit to sell them all?

————

With KaneWithout Kane
Matches22753
Goals7730
Goals/match0.340.57

————
That makes sense. If Kane isnt around, more chances are created for Son to shoot instead.

Some?

What about the others? Makes no sense to me buying a ST and then putting it on the exchange for the first game of the season.

Obviously, some will have plans but 12%?? Nope.
Its possible that 12% of people are worried about the virus. They might want to see how things are going with full capacity before getting in the stadium themselves again.

Back
Top Bottom