Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonderful performance over all, absolutely delighted.

As Nuno said, not perfect of course - but what I liked most was that it was clear strategy and intent, and clear everyone bought into it.

A few stand out performances, but really the whole team were excellent.

Hopefully those in our fanbase who seem to relish in hating on players will have had a bit of an eye opener as well, because there were shameful comments early in the match thread that were made to look rather silly come full time.

As Nuno said, not perfect of course - but what I liked most was that it was clear strategy and intent, and clear everyone bought into it.

Hopefully those in our fanbase who seem to relish in hating on players will have had a bit of an eye opener as well, because there were shameful comments early in the match thread that were made to look rather silly come full time.
Well to be fair it wasn't exactly a stellar beginning. But after that...awesome!

Yes the team spirit and desire stood out

Tackles flying in right up to the end and Citeh didn’t like it up em!

Tiny Dancer?

200.gif

I won't bother reiterating what everyone else is saying, was a fantastic performance and really uplifting after a pretty hellish summer. Was interesting reading the replies to my earlier post about the starting eleven, a lot of people dismissive from the outset, hopefully we all get a bit more behind the team from the start rather than the OTT reactions of dismay...

On a side note, I thought the reffing was so much better than it's been, tackles were allowed, we didn't have shit handball decisions, which I think last season a couple of blocks of ours would have gone to VAR for 10minutes of analysis. Some big, important tackles from the Spurs players towards the end, kept expecting it to be given as a Man City freekick even though they were perfectly acceptable.
It was like real football was back. That horrible mutant version of football last year was grim

Obviously a way to go to really bed things in, but that was the most "Poch" performance Ive seen in the team in over 2 years.

Since months before Poch left, lets be honest.

Fit, aggressive, motivated, discplined and dilligent, it was all the things we've missed for so long.

Of course, it remains to be seen if we can contiue with that progress (and Ive no doubt there will be inconsistencies over the first half of this season) but its an extremely encouraging start.

A few keys buys and we might actually be in better shape than we thought.

Back
Top Bottom