Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...........But some people here seem to have some sort of split personality disorder with how quickly opinions can change from game to game.

Stop pouting... It's not anti-Kane or "split personality" to big up yesterday's result for what it was... Just like the result isn't somehow more impressive if Kane plays.

Anyone know how to post a video here.

I've got a great one of the crowd singing Oh When the Spurs... I don't know how to upload it from my phone though.

I have to say I've been every home game at the new ground apart from 1. The atmosphere yesterday was probably the best, yes including the champions league nights against City and Ajax.

There was something about yesterday because of being away from the ground for so long that added a sprinkling of magic. The performance matched the effort put in by the crowd.

There were moments when Skipp and Sanchez made last ditch slides tackles at the end and the crowd were so pumped. I watched it back on the TV when I got home and you can't get a feel for how good the atmosphere was. I'm sure anyone who was at the game can corroborate this.

I genuinely felt for the first time the wall of noise from the south stand and all the acoustics were being maximised yesterday. The crowd wasn't even at capacity!
100% agree with this. I have to admit that I have felt quite disconnected from the team for the last 18 months or so. Although there isn't a bad view in the house, my old seat was near the back of the West stand and the players were miniscule; then not being in the stadium just compounded that feeling of remoteness. Now my seat is second row from the front and I can see the whites of their eyes and I can actually witness their effort and determination. That tackle by Davinson was right in front of me and to see his face when he made it - priceless! The singing of 'When the Spurs' after we scored was probably the loudest I can remember, and the explosion of noise when Sonny scored would have been heard in Seven Sisters. The Tanganga ovation brought a lump to the throat and was well deserved. When we pull in the same direction, our supporters are the best.
Nothing beats a win like that, still smiling today, not much of a voice mind :)

Just reading back through this thread. The melting when people saw the lineup is hilarious. First game of the season and people already preferring to slag off players and management before either have been given a chance. Fans? Supporters? Giraffe. Thank God the people inside the stadium were behind the team. Hope some humble pie is on the menu this morning. If you’re just after big names on the team sheet and in the dugout, feel free to bugger off to the team we beat yesterday. They’re a club of plastic melts. Many on here would fit in well.
I think admin should delete any melting pre or during game. Melt after if we are shite. What's the point. There's only gonna be a certain number of good things in a game anyways (as is evidenced by motd) so those cunts that come on here and moan about a poor pass or a shit throw in can fuck the fuck off

Anyone know how to post a video here.

I've got a great one of the crowd singing Oh When the Spurs... I don't know how to upload it from my phone though.

I have to say I've been every home game at the new ground apart from 1. The atmosphere yesterday was probably the best, yes including the champions league nights against City and Ajax.

There was something about yesterday because of being away from the ground for so long that added a sprinkling of magic. The performance matched the effort put in by the crowd.

There were moments when Skipp and Sanchez made last ditch slides tackles at the end and the crowd were so pumped. I watched it back on the TV when I got home and you can't get a feel for how good the atmosphere was. I'm sure anyone who was at the game can corroborate this.

I genuinely felt for the first time the wall of noise from the south stand and all the acoustics were being maximised yesterday. The crowd wasn't even at capacity!
I think you have to load it to a site then link the url

fixx. Sort the geezer out ffs

Airfixx Airfixx

I think you have to load it to a site then link the url

fixx. Sort the geezer out ffs

Airfixx Airfixx

deadleyledley

Yeh, you'll have to upload them somewhere first.

Obv. there's YouTube which is free.... Otherwise try something like this:

Upload Video Online - Free Video Hosting - Streamable (not tried this site myself)

Then paste the link in the box that comes up when you click the media button.....

R5Xy8J.png

Not just the players, but I also give Nuno a lot of credit for containing our weak spot. Obviously our biggest weakness is our defense and how we tightened the center from the top to bottom minimized the chances of Dier and Sanchez facing usually situations of them chasing forwards and committing a foul or losing players running behind during crossing, etc. I also liked that they didn’t have to build up from the bottom since their passing ability and football brain are questionable. I’m afraid when we face weaker teams where we have to bring our back line up, Dier/Sanchez duo would make usual mistakes again.

Key thing yesterday was we had a centtral midfield pairing of Hojbjerg and Skipp who defended up high (not dropping back into box) with Dele also running his socks off . And that meant the CB's were not under as much pressure as last season, and hence fewer mistakes.

deadleyledley

Yeh, you'll have to upload them somewhere first.

Obv. there's YouTube which is free.... Otherwise try something like this:

Upload Video Online - Free Video Hosting - Streamable (not tried this site myself)

Then paste the link in the box that comes up when you click the media button.....

R5Xy8J.png

Or if you have a twitter account post it on there and copy the tweet in here.

I ssume Admin Admin has differenent settings on the SpursVideos thread which is pinned at top of the menu for this forum, as that (by its title) is where videos can be posted

I wonder what the difference in combined weekly wage is too, must be double ours. FU City
Probably four times the fucking shit cunts. Their fans were absolutely fucking appalling. It's weird isn't it, they'd almost be nothing if they didn't have investment and were being used as a vehicle for tourism.

100% agree with this. I have to admit that I have felt quite disconnected from the team for the last 18 months or so. Although there isn't a bad view in the house, my old seat was near the back of the West stand and the players were miniscule; then not being in the stadium just compounded that feeling of remoteness. Now my seat is second row from the front and I can see the whites of their eyes and I can actually witness their effort and determination. That tackle by Davinson was right in front of me and to see his face when he made it - priceless! The singing of 'When the Spurs' after we scored was probably the loudest I can remember, and the explosion of noise when Sonny scored would have been heard in Seven Sisters. The Tanganga ovation brought a lump to the throat and was well deserved. When we pull in the same direction, our supporters are the best.
Nothing beats a win like that, still smiling today, not much of a voice mind :)
Are you east stand lower now?

Back
Top Bottom