Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My first "home" game since Villa thought Timmy Gilet might actually do a job.

Doesn't feel like 4 years ago.

Still. Looking forward to being back in Tottenham. First beer opened.
It's EVERYONE'S first home game since Villa.... :pochcmon:
(Reads on....)
ohhhhhh.... you mean 4 years ago... :sherwoodwtf:

Don't see why he shouldn't miss out.

Don't think Toby or Sanchez have done bad as a pairing at all.
Yeah well I wasn’t on board at first but I’ve come around now to the fact Sanchez needs to start all games when he is fit. If we keep him as a squad player any longer he might miss the boat on his development.

However I do wish he was partnered with Jan for the right/left balance. . . If Jan truthfully isn’t fully fit though then I understand.

Yeah well I wasn’t on board at first but I’ve come around now to the fact Sanchez needs to start all games when he is fit. If we keep him as a squad player any longer he might miss the boat on his development.

However I do wish he was partnered with Jan for the right/left balance. . . If Jan truthfully isn’t fully fit though then I understand.

Would be nice - I think if anything we should be rotating between Vertonghen and Alderweireld and keep Sanchez a consistent figure.

Promising though that he is playing left sided centre half and as well as he is doing - because that's the issue we come across when Vertonghen leaves. if Sanchez can get comfortable there, we save ourselves more money.

Sanchez is a warrior.....too many quick to write him off because after a bit part season playing in a crap formation.
Him and Foyth are the future, but Poch needs to make some concrete decisions on how this restructure will take place.

Sadly the manager has form, and the only outcome I can see is Sanchez getting a good run of games, coming up to the right level and getting dumped again, this time when Poch and Jan kiss and make up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom