Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Diers freekick 25 yards out first 15min
Hojbjerg “strike”
Kane goal
Sons header first half
Sons toe from 6 yards out from a cross
Sons one on one hit post
Winks shot 35yards from corner
Sissoko dribble past a couple into 6 yard box couldn’t find a pass to son or Kane or take shot. Minute 46
Reguilon 87min offside goal

These were all decent/good opportunities to score. 2 would have done, how many do they want, maybe a bit of luck.

Reguilon also had a free opportunity early in the game that he hit over the bar. The chances were there.

My bigger issue is that most of those come before the 60 minute mark. We cleary slow down around then and the opposition has been able to pick one off of us. I think Jose should be looking for more offensive subs a bit earlier even with us ahead.

Yep, time for bullshit excuses is over. A decent performance to put down a marker would be welcome as well.

We really need to go on a run until we meet Liverpool at home.

Can't keep bumbling and stumbling along. We've been let off so many times with the amount of points dropped across the board.

Wait so when spurs are playing they end up ruining my evening , and now they are not playing they have ruined my evening !
Larry David Wtf GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I know it’s never going to happen but the next 2 games we have a perfect opportunity to give Kane and Son some more rest which could really pay off over the next few months !
Our Schedule

13/1 Wednesday - Fulham H (PL)
17/1 Sunday - Sheffield United A (PL)
23/1 Saturday - Wycombe Wanderers A (FA Cup)
28/1 Thursday - Liverpool H (PL)
31/1 Sunday - Brighton A (PL)

Play Kane and Son and the most of our best players in the next 2 matches, then give the first team a 10 day rest until Liverpool (ok a few on bench v Wycombe)

I think people are over reacting to Scott Parker a bit. He’s just making a bit of noise as you would expect any manager to, in order to protect the players. Make no mistake, Fulham will be fully ready and very motivated to try and win. It’s nothing to lose for them.

Outplayed by Fulham but that's only to be expected as they are managed by two proper Yids in Parker & Wells, who have their Championship level players playing and rewarded with more progressive braver football than the boring one. That's just 1 win in the last 6 League games, not good enough Jose you boring cunt.

I haven't paid much attention to this forum in the past month or so because of a family emergency and having to take on a care giver role.

I don't wish the pain I have gone through upon anyone, but the silver lining?

My Spurs stress level has gone down 100%.

Didn't get to watch the game because of my new responsibility and again, silver linings.

Not seen you on here for the last few weeks.
We had 5 clear cut chances to win the game but you blame the manager.
You my friend are fucking clueless
Been on here practically every day as per usual.

It was a draw at home, against a bottom of the table side who wasn't even expecting to play a game 3 days ago, who probably deserved more out of the game than we did on account of them playing the much, much, much better football on the night. They also had clear cut chances!!!! But guess what neither side took them.

This style of awful football Jose has us play week in, week out leaves us with nothing if it doesn't result in a win. We drew and because it was yet another awful watch as 90% of our games are, a draw is like a loss.

I've defended many a Tottenham performance where we've lost because we played the better football, I'll almost always defend my team if we play the better football and drop points.

Defending Jose having just watched that shit is the very definition of clueless!

That’s a fair analogy.
Tactics might be drab, but the simple fact is, missing chances costs games.

The tactics are not stopping us from scoring goals. If Son scores, is it tactics were good all of a sudden?
Or luck?
Or, is it just that the players did what they should have done, under the system they created those chances in..
If Son scored it would be a different story obviously, and maybe you could say our tactics paid off

But this is happening far too often at the moment and it’s something Mourinho needs to adjust in his game plans. When we go 1-0 up against weak opposition we make negative subs and play with zero energy or attacking strategy apart from lumps up the pitch

This is Mourinho’s fault, and it’s ok to criticise him for it

Back
Top Bottom