Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That result falls firmly on Jose's lap, the line up the positioning of Sissoko, the tempo of the game.. all wrong.
The teams that are at the bottom are there for a reason, so attack them!! We have 2 of the best players on the planet feeding off scraps and running back to defend .
Jose, get your head out your arse

"We played, if I’m not wrong, 11 more matches than Fulham since the beginning of the season. Eleven. We played every week three matches a week. We played in one week four matches. They played Saturday against QPR, in London.

"They have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to prepare for the game. If they come with half of the team, I will be the first one to apologise to them, and I will be the first one to say we played this game with an advantage.

"If they come with their best, I think they should apologise to all of us. Come on, let’s play football. Let’s behave the best we can. Let’s protect our industry. Let’s protect our image and let’s play football."

:mourear:

I'm done now. That game has ended any expectations I had from this season.

We may get lucky in the final and win a cup. I hope we somehow scrap our way to top 4. I am not sure there is much else to say really. We all see and predict what is going to happen. Better to not get stressed by it.

I think Jose gets to the end of the season and if we get the league Cup then great. But I think we need to consider a new manager regardless of what happens in the final. I would happily allow Jose to work to the end of his contract if he demonstrated that we would kill off games by scoring more goals. But since I do not see that happening it is time to part ways.

Everyone will be happy if we win the cup and then part ways in the summer. Jose gets to keep his trophy run going. We end that trophy drought and move onto a manager that might make better use of the squad.

The squad needs a revamp but no point doing that if Jose leaves. Just wait for the new manager.

I can easily say that players like Aurier, Sanchez need to be moved on. We have been saying this for ages now. Sissoko probably too. Bale and Vini will be sent back.

Flogging Dele etc is pointless because another manager will probably be able to get a tune out of them.

Basically the League Cup final is all or nothing quite literally. Maybe they should make an amazon doc for that.

It's why the City postponement must have been quite expensive.
homer simpson money GIF

This isn’t one or two key players, this is nearly all of the first 11. Surely forcing Villa to play with this many absentees would actually undermine the integrity of the league...
The full 11 are in lockdown but that doesn't mean they all have Covid, its a precaution.

They will be tested nearer the date. At least that's my understanding.

Many people forget that we were forced to play the final game of the season with the entire first team squad down with food poisoning, and that cost us Champions league football.
Literally had players throwing up on the pitch and in the tunnel and no fucks were given by the PL.

I think the Covid rules state, if you can field an eligable 11 the game goes ahead.

not sure why you keep repeating this, I played football competitively for 25 years, and I have been watching top level professional footballers for a long time. That means I have an appreciation for what they do, seeing them do incredible things, that I could do only reasonably well - so I appreciate the gulf between ordinary footballers, and really bloody good ones.
I can skydive and have done so at national level in competition, but when I watch world championship level competitors I can see the difference between ordinary competitors like me and the world champions.

When you participate in a sport, it gives you an appreciation for the gulf between you and the peole who do it at worlds best level.

Its not a difficult concept to grasp

except maybe for someone who repeats the Steven Bergwijn joke 500 times and wonders why everyone thinks he's a twat, maybe?

I played competitive football for about 30 years and it gave me an appreciation for how little there can be in terms of raw ability between elite professional footballers and ones that never make it further than park life.

Mostly it was dedication, application and good career breaks that was the difference, not talent. There are tens of thousands of players earning a full time living out of football who are no better than tens of thousands who don't.

Maybe you were just shit at it?

Back
Top Bottom